Author Topic: A ringing sound  (Read 2416 times)

GeorgeA7

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 2019
A ringing sound
« on: December 30, 2020, 06:21:56 AM »
While driving my Jazz (2019 model) I hear a ringing sound at random. It doesn't happen all the time I take the vehicle out. It seems like the car system is giving me a reminder of something. The speed of the car at the time of ringing is often between 40km/h and 60 km/h. But I am not able to figure out what exactly it is. The service personnel too have no idea about it. Can someone help?

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
Re: A ringing sound
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2020, 08:41:38 AM »
Most modern cars have a range of similar-sounding audible warnings (although most people would describe a beep or gong rather than a ringing sound) which are almost impossible to trace. On the Jazz, the noise is usually accompanied by an indication on the right-hand display but this will disappear after a few seconds. Difficult to say what yours might be, but some suggestions to check out:
- the lane departure warning will beep if you change lanes without indicating (sometimes activated by tarmac seams)
- the Jazz has two user-configurable speed warnings which will beep briefly if you exceed the pre-set speeds (you can change or deactivate these)
- there is an ice warning if the ambient air temperature goes below 2-3 deg C
- the collision warning system can false-alarm in certain situations
- if you use the speed limiter and exceed the set speed (eg when going downhill) the car starts beeping until you brake below the set speed

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2020, 08:56:35 AM »
There is a bong that occurs when the status of the traffic warning information changes if there is a destination set, even if you are not displaying the navigation screen.  Could that be it?

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2020, 10:02:17 AM »
Low fuel warning gives a ringing sound, along with the picture of a pump.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2020, 10:41:05 AM »
There are just too many rings, dings and beeps. Most do have a dash display which helps

The one that really annoys me is the front parking sensors when you are minding your own at the front and a motor bike pulls across your beam and sets it off till the lights change.
Let's be careful out there !

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2020, 12:48:02 PM »
When one of the rear brake pads on our Jazz wore early it made a ringing / jingling sort of sound - cause by the acoustic pad wear indicator.  Took two visits to the dealer to find it.

I wouldn't have expected that on a 2019 car though.

Happyarry

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX Navi i-vtec CVT
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2020, 01:28:16 PM »
Just play about with the settings, mine beeps / rings  if I exceed 50mph, I've left it at that as I have a number of 50 speed limits on the A road where I live.

Harry

Tags: