Author Topic: Puncture with Mk3 Jazz  (Read 3241 times)

guest4871

Puncture with Mk3 Jazz
« on: October 29, 2015, 06:19:06 PM »

I understand that the Mk3 Jazz has no spare wheel and no jack but does have a tyre repair kit.

What is the recommended procedure when you have a puncture?

Obviously you are not intended to jack the car up.

Do you have a can of stuff you put in the tyre?

How do you put this in the tyre?

Is the stuff pressurised or do you just pour it in?

Do you still get a compressor to pump the tyre up?

Do you need to drive the car to get the stuff to rotate to coat the tyre inner or how else do you get the stuff to repair the hole? 

What happens about the TPMS? Is it affected by the stuff? Do you have to reset it after you have used the stuff and pumped the tyre up?

Does the tyre need a permanent repair? Can this be done?

Just asking!

guest5643

• Topic Starter
Re: Puncture with Mk3 Jazz
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2015, 07:17:16 PM »
There is a bottle of tyre sealant which is screwed into the tyre inflator (compressor) which is then pumped into the tyre,once inflated to the correct pressure providing the sealant has worked drive for ten minutes and recheck tyre pressure.you must have a permanent repair done to the tyre although some repairers won't touch a tyre when sealant has been used.I certainly won't use the repair kit but will phone Honda assist to get me home,if Honda cannot provide me with a spare wheel and jack then I'll use the breakdown cover provided with the car rather than risk writing off a perfectly good tyre,also I wonder if using the sealant through the inflator renders the inflator unusable as it states in the handbook not to disconnect the bottle from the inflator after use,so what's the answer??

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
Re: Puncture with Mk3 Jazz
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2015, 08:43:01 PM »
Using the TRK gets 10 pages in the Mk 3 handbook.  :o

I would add that the TPMS on the Mk 3 is indirect so using the goo won't damage it, unlike the last of the Mk 2s which use a direct measurement system - more at http://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=7495.0.

2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Tags:

anything