Author Topic: Warranty repairs  (Read 2742 times)

Bristol_Crosstar

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance Sport
Warranty repairs
« on: August 12, 2023, 09:05:32 AM »
As detailed in another topic the a/c condenser needs replacing in my Crosstar. Fortunately the car is till just in warranty. The dealership says they have to put a warranty claim into Honda which could take several weeks as they have a backlog to deal with. Apparently there are only two staff to deal with claims on all models for the whole of the UK. Once the claim has been verified Honda order the part (this could take a while if there are supply issues) and arrange for it to be shipped to the dealership. The whole process is likely to take a minimum of six weeks (my estimate) or longer.

Fortunately this repair is not keeping my car off the road, I don't know what would happen if, say the main battery needed replacing and the car was not driveable?

Has anyone else had problems with warranty repairs?

Marco1979

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Crosstar 2021 Crystal Red
Re: Warranty repairs
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2023, 09:24:00 AM »
When your car is under warranty and would not be drivable, your dealer has to supply an alternative vehicle. So in case of a serious malfunction, you will be covered properly! And not just after the experts say so; your dealer makes that decision.

Fortunately Honda’s have few problems concerning drivetrain or high voltage battery (never read any e:hev issues on this forum)!

csp

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Average 63 mpg
  • My Honda: Platinum White Jazz e:HEV SR 2020
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2023, 10:58:31 AM »
The aircon condenser in my 2020 Jazz SR needed replacing at the 3rd service in June 2023, it took about 1 week to get the parts and approval.

Saycol

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: MY21 Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2023, 11:24:11 AM »
Many years ago, Dealers used the expression VOR (vehicle off the road) to prioritise warranty claims but clearly this not applicable to an air conditioning condenser.

However I do find it disappointing hearing the attitude of Honda U.K. and your Dealer to obtaining the replacement part. I trust you have all of this in writing in case the part mysteriously appears just after the 3 year warranty expires.

It is frustrating that you a buy a car from a Dealer who will extol the virtues of the warranty but as soon as you wish to claim, it is nothing to do with them and they will only carry out warranty work if authorised (i.e. paid for) by Honda.

I hope you get your car repaired sooner rather than later, and as a fellow Crosstar owner I will be watching your progress with interest!

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2023, 04:18:41 PM »
My nephew had a top-end Golf and had to have both front wings replaced, under warranty, for rust. Six months later he noticed rust on a rear wing. The dealer examined it and VW's response was, "Yes it is rust, yes it is perforation, yes it is in warranty and no we are not going to repair it.".

PaultheManc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 Jazz Hybrid SR
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2023, 04:51:07 PM »
I had ongoing rust issues with my Mk1 Focus.  An early issue was rust in the doors.  I took Ford to court - they didn't turn up and they were instructed to cover all my costs within two weeks - which they did.  Over the 12 year perforation warranty period, I had other issues, but just reminded the dealer to tell Ford I had taken them to court in the past and would again.  Never had a problem getting any rust dealt with.

calgray

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz mk4
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2023, 06:51:45 PM »
I called into my local Honda/ MG franchise regards a faulty door mirror on my 20 month old Jazz SR. it makes a grinding noise when closing. I was told by the booking in person that a charge of over £100 is required in order to ascertain that the problem is indeed a warranty claim, this would be refunded if in their opinion the fault is a Honda fault. I must be behind the times as I called Honda who told me yes there is a charge to confirm a warranty claim.
I am on my fourth Jazz and I have never made a warranty claim before and feel this is not the best way to foster good customer relations.
To make things worse they insisted the car be left with them the whole day just to check.

Karoq

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Was HR-V e:HEV. 7 Hondas owned in the past. Currently CR-V SR. 2022 E:HEV
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2023, 07:18:51 PM »
Being a loyal and very happy Honda owner for many years I am very sad to read this, but BOY! am I glad I no longer own a Honda!
Dip Mech Eng (automotive)

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2023, 10:58:13 PM »
BOY! am I glad I no longer own a Honda!

My Honda: Was HR-V e:HEV. 7 Hondas owned in the past. Currently CR-V SR. 2022 E:HEV.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2023, 12:43:08 AM by Jazzik »
If nothing goes right, go left!

PaultheManc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 Jazz Hybrid SR
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2023, 12:27:17 AM »
"I was told by the booking in person that a charge of over £100 is required in order to ascertain that the problem is indeed a warranty claim"

Ok, them is the rules ... alternative strategy is to advise Honda that you intend to have the necessary repair done, and if they charge you, you will then pursue them for compensation via the courts - which will cost them money ... (if you are right) .. as a gambling man, I would play that game.

Nicksey

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 70 mpg
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX Style
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2023, 08:46:03 AM »
Being a loyal and very happy Honda owner for many years I am very sad to read this, but BOY! am I glad I no longer own a Honda!

Which warrants the question, why are you still using this forum?

pauly58

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Hybrid Elegance
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2023, 08:51:19 AM »
I've spent most of my working life in the motor trade, warranty administrator & after sales manager, it's very disappointing to read this attitude from Honda dealers. If they want to keep you as a customer & to buy another car, in my day we looked after our customers & many times I've argued for some goodwill for out of warranty claims.

I wonder if it's coming from Honda themselves or is it the dealers. I suppose at the end of the day it's down to court action.

I wouldn't hold much faith in a dealer being obliged to give you a replacement car either, here in Ireland with the problems Hyundai are having with the ICCU dealers are not giving cars out, Hyundai themselves won't get involved, saying it's down to the discretion of the dealer.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2023, 10:07:50 AM »
If I had to pay £100 for a warranty diagnostic I'd be a bit peeved

These should be on a case by case basis
Let's be careful out there !

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2023, 11:37:24 AM »
Which warrants the question, why are you still using this forum?
I am no longer a Honda owner but I still use this forum for the good chat, so I can impart the knowledge I gained over 60K+ miles and because I made many friends here.

Whiteshark

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk 4 jazz Hybrid EX Chrystal Red
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2023, 08:15:06 PM »
Charging for fault investigations, including warranty work is unfortunately standard practice at most franchised garages now. It is, I guess designed to ensure garages are paid for their time where there is no valid warranty claim,  but also reflects the investment in technical equipment necessary for analysis. I think to put all of this into perspective, these instances are extremely rare. Having owned 8 new Hondas since 1994, I have never had a problem, and I have had warranty repairs, dealt with as expected. If the warranty claim is valid, I am sure any costs would be refunded. If not, then clearly somebody has to pay.

Tags:

anything