Author Topic: My car doesn't seem to connect to Honda  (Read 1333 times)

forumache

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Jazz Advance Sport MY24
My car doesn't seem to connect to Honda
« on: August 08, 2023, 10:12:14 AM »
Hi,

so I was mentioning an issue that I have connecting my car to MyHonda+ and @Kremmen mentioned that it is a known issue on new Jazz (MY24).

But my car doesn't seem to connect to Honda at all: I cannot run Message app (one of the tiles on the central screen).
In the manual it says that app is used to check received messages from Honda using TCU  or using WiFi if available.

If I enter the app, I get:
"Cannot connect to server" - if car is not connected to any WiFi access point or "Authentication failed", if connecting via WiFi.

The "Location and vehicle data sharing" is ON (I see this is a requirement).
In the status screen it appears "Connected to TCU" but... doesn't seem like that.
The TCU icon (the one with a car and some wireless signal coming out of it) is grayed out, but I've seen it once being white, with no difference in behaviour.

I guess this is too complicated to debug, but I would like to know if any owner on the MY24 Jazz (the one with 122hp) from this forum is able to run Message app (press on that tile and see what you get).

Of course I sent an email to Honda Connected Services, we'll see how it goes.

Many thanks in advance!

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
Re: My car doesn't seem to connect to Honda
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2023, 10:24:53 AM »
Telematics may not have been activated by the dealer, mine isn't.

Having had the older Honda app on my Civic, via the dongle, and rarely using, it I didn't mention it.

Apparently you can tell via the infotainment screen top row of icons whether it's activated or not.
Let's be careful out there !

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2023, 12:15:33 PM »
Well thanks forumache it all works. Previously I could not get the 4 digit PIN for the MyHonda app, up on the screen.
If I press the message icon I get ‘confirmation of ownership’, Pressing that brings the page with a 4 digit PIN number which can then be inputted into the My Honda+ app. The attached pics show the screens.
I now have the My Honda+ app working with Core Connectivity & Safety & Journey activated (free to 1st owner for 12 months)
Everything works, the same as my previous Mk4 EX car
My TCU icon is active and the ‘Location & data sharing’ is triggered by the MyHonda+ app.
I must admit I went around in circles for a while but finally got there in the end.
So my Tracking function now works as required.
Magic!

5thcivic

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX e:HEV and E
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2023, 01:54:17 PM »
The app needs work from someone who actually uses it! If you have two Hondas the email does not tell you which it applies to so you have to calendar to confirm which car to get in. Then you scratch your head by going through the app trying to find send code to find that it is completely hidden off the bottom of the screen with no scroll to indicate go down because there are two cars fully using up the your garage screen. It all goes smoothly once you've requested the code but not intuitive, the email should at least describe the procedure steps better.

forumache

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Jazz Advance Sport MY24
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2023, 06:08:34 PM »
I went to the dealer and he activated the TCU for me.
After that MyHonda+ app was able to generate a pin code and it sent it to my car, then I entered the pin in the app and the link between car and the app was made.

Then I added Core Connectivity, it took one day for that to become active, but then Safety & Journey was activated instantly.

Happy now ;)

@Kenneve, I am glad that describing my problem helped you resolve yours ;)

pasqui

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar 2022
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2023, 08:41:49 AM »
I didn’t need the dealer’s activation, nevertheless I had to make several tentative steps. Now it works, but it’s not straightforward and very very slow.
Other apps for various uses (Bosch for heating, Siemens for burglar alarm, etc.) are all fast and easy to set up and use.
This looks strange to me, because menus and functions of the infotainment are typically clear and easy to navigate.

Tags:

anything