Author Topic: First service.  (Read 571 times)

IanG64

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Mk 4 Jazz Hybrid
First service.
« on: July 31, 2023, 10:35:09 AM »
My cars first service tomorrow, anything I need to specifically ask for, advice etc?

Thanks in advance.

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
Re: First service.
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2023, 10:49:18 AM »
My cars first service tomorrow, anything I need to specifically ask for, advice etc?

Just as a general word of warning, if the service is tomorrow then you may have left it too late to ask for anything extra. The dealer will have allowed time for a standard service and may not have wriggle-room for anything else, so you may be asked to rebook it. Better to tell them about any "extras" at the time of booking it in so they can allow time to look at them properly.

davejazz

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: jazz EX 1.5 May 22 in boring black!
Re: First service.
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2023, 03:19:43 PM »

Thanks in advance.

When my first service was needed,  I phoned my nearest three dealers, and encouraged one of them, to update the satnav mapping, FOC. One of them said that I could update the mapping myself. One said it was chargeable at £40. They were aware that the camera recall was needed. The one that did the mapping, said on booking in, that they would need the car overnight, due to the system occasionally crashing. I elected to bring the car back later in the month, and all was fine.

Tags:

anything