Author Topic: New to forum and Jazz ownership  (Read 1068 times)

PJB

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
New to forum and Jazz ownership
« on: March 26, 2023, 08:34:41 PM »
Ive just joined and taking a look around the forum so thought I’d say hi.
I’ve just bought my first Jazz as hopefully budget busting reliable motoring. I set out to find a cheap Jazz as a mate of mine has a 2007 plate with about 200k on the clock and it’s still going strong with no sign of giving up yet. I’ve managed to find an Ice Blue 2007 plate Jazz S, I took a gamble and bought it at auction as a Cat N because some toe rag had nicked the catalytic converter off of it but it’s an elderly owner car with full service history and only 25 thousand miles on it. So far I’ve serviced it and replaced the entire exhaust,all new discs and pads and gone all over it underneath looking for rust etc. Underbody wise there was a small amount of scaly surface rust just by the rear tow eye and some around the rad support. I’ve cleaned the entire underside until spotless then scotchbrited and sprayed the whole lot. The rear axle was fairly flaky all over same as most of the front steering and suspension components so all have been rubbed down and painted. I’ve a few small parking dents to sort and chips to touch in when the weather improves but hopefully everthing I’m doing will preserve the Jazz for years to come as the idea is to start with a goodun and keep it for the long term future.

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
Re: New to forum and Jazz ownership
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2023, 10:22:40 AM »
Welcome

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2023, 01:54:38 PM »
Welcome. I had a Vivid Blue Pearl 2006 S and it was a great little car, before the rust bug got it. Extremely reliable, very economical and fun to drive.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2023, 08:22:24 PM »
Hello and welcome :)

Tags:

anything