Author Topic: 15" or 16"?  (Read 3603 times)

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
  • My Honda: HR-V
Re: 15" or 16"?
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2023, 09:09:22 PM »
...Naked?, maybe. Better? definitely  ;D

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2023, 09:42:21 PM »
So you've removed the "clothes" from your wheels and are driving around embarrassingly naked?:-[
« Last Edit: March 17, 2023, 09:54:46 PM by Jazzik »
If nothing goes right, go left!

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
  • My Honda: HR-V
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2023, 07:24:07 AM »
...As it happens I don't feel embarrassed. You should though with your incessant harping on about it  :-*

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2023, 10:24:28 AM »
Maybe you missed one  ;D ;) here and there?
By the way... for those who are so annoyed by those 'plastic top loading washer mangle fan things' and are incessantly harping on about it (that's what I react on, I don't start about their beauty myself): why didn't you opt for the optional (even 'diamond cut'!!!) alloys? ;)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2023, 11:41:33 AM by Jazzik »

5thcivic

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX e:HEV and E
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2023, 07:39:56 PM »
I especially paid for the 15in alloys on the EX. Virtually every review of the Jazz I read or saw said the 15in coped better on the poor state of UK roads.

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2023, 10:03:28 PM »
I especially paid for the 15in alloys on the EX. Virtually every review of the Jazz I read or saw said the 15in coped better on the poor state of UK roads.
It seems that the UK are obsessed with larger wheels and low profile tyres despite the state of our roads. It is a mystery to me why generally when you spec a car you are often given an option for larger wheels but rarely, if ever, an option for smaller wheels. Go figure!

Nicksey

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 70 mpg
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX Style
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2023, 08:05:51 AM »

They nearly all said that the Jazz suffered body roll, a screaming engine/gearbox configuration and wasn't nearly as good a drive as a Fiesta.

If you can sense a difference in 1" diameter of a wheel, then fair play. You're a very sensitive person  :D

5thcivic

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX e:HEV and E
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2023, 01:14:20 PM »
I must have had many reviews bookmarked and can't remember one about Mk4 body roll or screaming engine, althought quite a few CRV reviews complained about noise when flooring the throttle. Low profile tyres are a nonsense on British roads where most trips are commuting and shopping.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2023, 01:27:44 PM »
There was a post ages ago with a video where a Mk4 was being pushed through a slalom course and it fared very well with little body roll.

On the noise side, I've floored mine a couple of times and I've not found the noise intrusive at all. Certainly not as bad as a normal CVT I've driven.

Some reviews are bad plagiarism from other reviews about different year models.
Let's be careful out there !

Nicksey

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 70 mpg
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX Style
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2023, 02:14:18 PM »
I must have had many reviews bookmarked and can't remember one about Mk4 body roll or screaming engine, althought quite a few CRV reviews complained about noise when flooring the throttle. Low profile tyres are a nonsense on British roads where most trips are commuting and shopping.

There were a few that made a point of the engine noise, and body roll. Like Kremen mentions above though, these are copy/paste lazy journalism reviews and the car was probably not even driven. I think the drive is excellent, better than my previous Capturs by far. I don't think the engine noise is a problem either, the transition between power modes is seamless and motorway driving is very quiet.

When you mention low profile, are you referring to the 16" that are fitted to the Crosstar and EX Style or as an available option?
Mine has the 16" and I would say they are definitely not low profile, having the Yokahama Blue Earth rubber shoes.
Again, I defy anyone to notice a difference in 1" between to the two Jazz option wheels.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2023, 02:17:37 PM by Nicksey »

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2023, 02:29:48 PM »
The actual difference each side of the wheel will only be 1/2 inch ?

IanG

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk4 Jazz EX
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2023, 04:30:51 PM »
Had a Jazz SE as a loan car whilst my EX was being serviced and noticed the improved ride quality

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2023, 06:00:41 PM »
We drive our EX (16", Vredestein Qatrac 185/55R16 all season tyres). Tire pressure: 2.7 bar (39 PSI) front, 2.6 bar (37.7 PSI) rear.
Our Jazz does not act as a kidney stone crusher ;) and is quite comfortable. Only on cobblestones (yes, we have those here in our medieval city center) it becomes less pleasant and a bit too noisy...
All in all, no complaints on Polish, German or Dutch roads.

Bazzzer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz EX Navi
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2023, 06:16:54 PM »
The actual difference each side of the wheel will only be 1/2 inch ?

To keep the same tyre outer diameter, that would require a 1/2 in difference in tyre sidewall, perhaps the difference between 2in and 2.5in, which is quite significant.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2023, 04:21:25 AM »
I'm sure my tyre wall is considerably more than 2" so the % difference would be conderably lower.

I have seen images of other cars where they have switched to 18" or 19" where the tyre wall does look like 2" and wondered why. The ride must be rock hard, what's the point ?

Tags: