Author Topic: Shark Fin aerial connectors  (Read 683 times)

jasper2344

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz 1.5 Sport
Shark Fin aerial connectors
« on: March 10, 2023, 03:21:34 PM »
I have a 2018 1.5cvt sport with the factory fitted infotainment system ( no nav) and a shark fin aerial. If i wanted to change the head unit would the aerial connectors fit or is there a aftermarket connector to connect the aerial to the new head unit? Manynthanks for advice or if possible links to a connector.

jazzaro

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: GK3 Jazz 1.3 6m Elegance Navi grey.
Re: Shark Fin aerial connectors
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2023, 09:19:52 AM »
« Last Edit: March 12, 2023, 08:53:32 AM by jazzaro »

UKjim

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 Jazz Sport - Brilliant Sporty Blue
Re: Shark Fin aerial connectors
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2023, 09:39:58 PM »
I have a 2018 1.5cvt sport with the factory fitted infotainment system ( no nav) and a shark fin aerial. If i wanted to change the head unit would the aerial connectors fit or is there a aftermarket connector to connect the aerial to the new head unit? Manynthanks for advice or if possible links to a connector.

There is an easily sourced converter from the FM aerial connector on the Jazz to a standard aerial for after-market headunits which is normally included with the Connects2 fascia and steering wheel control kit. The problem is the DAB part of the OEM aerial, there is no adapter available AFAIK. I faced this very problem when fitting my Alpine wireless CarPlay unit and got round the problem by fitting an Alpine windscreen mounted aerial on my 2019 Sport. If anyone ever finds a suitable adapter for the DAB side please point me in the right direction.

If you need any other help  just drop me a message.

Tags: