Author Topic: Sold the Crosstar for HR-V  (Read 1118 times)

crosstarhonda

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: honda jazz crosstar
Sold the Crosstar for HR-V
« on: February 22, 2023, 06:12:18 PM »
Well after having the crosstar for one year and 17,000 miles and absolutely no problems today part x for a brand new HR-V! Got the same money i paid for it new and have put £3000 towards the middle grade HR-V to pick up first week of April. Wanted to wait for the new Jazz but when told the price the HR-V won.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
Re: Sold the Crosstar for HR-V
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2023, 10:28:53 PM »
A good move which I made some months ago https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=15171.msg127492#new and don't regret.

I was at my dealers today and was told that the lead time for some versions of the HR-V were relatively short.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2023, 09:01:49 AM »
That’s really interesting. I had the 2015 HRV and hated it, like you I think John. I do like the look of the new one though. I have been pondering trading down in size from my RAV4 as no longer need that size of car and will be 7 years old this summer, 6 of the, with me. I was facing about losing the 4WD but to be honest, it’s the tyres that make the most difference round here in wintry weather, so the HRV might be my best next move.

Karoq

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Was HR-V e:HEV. 7 Hondas owned in the past. Currently CR-V SR. 2022 E:HEV
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2023, 10:28:00 AM »
Well after having the crosstar for one year and 17,000 miles and absolutely no problems today part x for a brand new HR-V! Got the same money i paid for it new and have put £3000 towards the middle grade HR-V to pick up first week of April. Wanted to wait for the new Jazz but when told the price the HR-V won.
Well Done!
Hope to see you on 'The Other Side.'
https://www.hondaforums.co.uk/?search_id=active_topics
Dip Mech Eng (automotive)

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2023, 03:06:27 PM »
That’s really interesting. I had the 2015 HRV and hated it, like you I think John. I do like the look of the new one though.
The Mk 2 HR-V was fine (I was a little worried that the Mexican build quality would create problems) but I didn't get on with the Mk 3 Jazz which I only kept for one year before trading it in for the HR-V. I've not had my Mk 3 HR-V out on snow or ice to find out if the high torque of the electric drive makes it more prone to wheelspin but I suspect the very smooth delivery of power and ability to finely control the speed more than mitigates the risk of spinning the wheels.

I averaged 50mpg with the Mk 2 HR-V and 70mpg with the Crosstar. I'm expecting around 60mpg from the Mk 3 HR-V under the same driving conditions although it's been struggling to reach that during the winter.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Tags: