Author Topic: Safety Recall  (Read 606116 times)

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
Re: Safety Recall
« Reply #60 on: September 30, 2022, 12:56:30 PM »
Why not an IT person with a laptop  who comes to you at home/work ? Saves them having to use trained  mechanics and taking up workshop space.  Or having to provide courtesy cars, or picking up and dropping off.

I have a suspicion it's not just a software change but a recalibration that needs a dealer forecourt.
Let's be careful out there !

Neil Ives

• Approved Member
  • The day the Internet went down
  • My Honda: Jazz Hybrid EX 2022
« Reply #61 on: September 30, 2022, 01:42:26 PM »
Why not an IT person with a laptop  who comes to you at home/work ? Saves them having to use trained  mechanics and taking up workshop space.  Or having to provide courtesy cars, or picking up and dropping off.

I have a suspicion it's not just a software change but a recalibration that needs a dealer forecourt.
There was no mileage recorded on my trip meter so all done on site.
Neil Ives

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2022, 02:16:41 PM »
Yes, no mileage involved if it's the same calibration as the 10G Civic.

See my quote here : https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=15099.msg125219#msg125219

Hicardo

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64mpg summer avg, 56mpg winter avg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Surf Blue 2021
« Reply #63 on: September 30, 2022, 03:39:35 PM »
my Crosstar had a few miles put on it during the safety recall.  ive found out for the first time that they dont service the car on site.  they book you in at what looks like a normal car dealership, but they dont have any service facility at this location.  so they then drive the car to the service facility, which is about a mile away.  this was never explained before and I dont know why I didnt twig  :o. not that its makes a great deal of difference particularly - it was just that after the safety recall fix, my infotainment didnt work properly, and when I phoned, they asked me to bring the car directly to this different location. 

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2022, 03:52:24 PM »
My local Toyota dealer also has separate VW, Skoda ,and Kia showrooms within a couple of hundred yards of each other on the same industrial estate.  This is quite common.   .  I think the Toyota showroom has a tiny workshop on site, not much bigger than a domestic double garage,  but anything major must be done elsewhere.  In fact my current Honda dealer seemed to be mostly showroom, not much workshop.  They also operate  main dealerships for other makes nearby.   
« Last Edit: September 30, 2022, 03:58:59 PM by Lord Voltermore »
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

JJazz

• Approved Member
  • Exiled Scot
  • My Honda: 2023 Honda Jazz EX in midnight blue beam metallic
« Reply #65 on: October 01, 2022, 01:08:12 PM »
Mine took 3 hours. Dealer says they can only do one at a time.

Ged 15

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz ehev
« Reply #66 on: October 02, 2022, 02:45:58 PM »
Hi Ian, yes, I had the same Recall letter! I’ve also got the same ripping seat! I went to the Dealer I bought it off ( Cheshire Oaks Honda) part of the Holdcroft group, they inspected the seat base and submitted the report to Honda, a few weeks later, Honda Warranty dept rung me to tell me the ripping seat is “ Wear and tear” According to the Service managers report!! I couldn’t believe it, it’s a 70 reg with 10,000 miles on it! I am absolutely furious, I’ve owned loads of cars/ estates/ vans over the years,” even run businesses out of them and not one had a ripping seat, ever! Who was your Dealer? And did they recommend to Honda that they replace the seat base? Many Thanks

PaultheManc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 Jazz Hybrid SR
« Reply #67 on: October 02, 2022, 04:36:23 PM »
@Ged15
I would consider the Small Claims process through the courts.  At least send a letter to Honda stating that an unsatisfactory response will result in you taking it to court.  I took Ford to court over their body warranty, and they didn't turn up; I got full payment within two weeks.  Thereafter (dodgy body quality) I never had them refuse a claim.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #68 on: October 02, 2022, 05:00:21 PM »
My seat is fine at the moment but if it starts and is not replaced under warranty then I have 'Which? Legal' behind me. Been a member for years.

There does seem to be a pattern developing here after 2 years ownership.

I noted with interest the post about the latest Crosstar seat side being redesigned to avoid the sharp solid plastic part.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #69 on: October 10, 2022, 02:28:46 PM »
I am having my car serviced this Wednesday (12th October 2022). No recall letter but a phone call saying there is an outstanding front camera recall on my car.

russwest10

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz EX ehv 2021
« Reply #70 on: October 10, 2022, 07:52:40 PM »
I had no letter for the recall but was notified of it when I booked my Jazz EX 2021 in for its first service. The garage had it all day and couldn’t get the cars computer to accept the recall software modification. They contacted Honda and now have told me they need the car for 3 days!

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #71 on: October 11, 2022, 04:33:12 AM »
I've still not been contacted but considering I 'think' I only have CMBS in action I'm in no rush.

I don't use - RDMS, ACC or LKAS, what else uses the camera ?

Has anyone with a MY22 been recalled yet ?

Yusaku79

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Ex 2021
« Reply #72 on: October 11, 2022, 07:02:53 AM »
I got my letter a couple of days ago,

I didn't read all the posts, anyway it seems that the time of this "repair" is different between countries, in UK is 2.5 hours, here in Italy is 4 hours: it sounds like very strange :)
Anyway I'll go at the end of the month to do the recall.
Honda Jazz EX 2021 "Ruby"

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #73 on: October 11, 2022, 11:20:00 AM »
I had no letter for the recall but was notified of it when I booked my Jazz EX 2021 in for its first service. The garage had it all day and couldn’t get the cars computer to accept the recall software modification. They contacted Honda and now have told me they need the car for 3 days!

I was told they'd need the car all day and the earliest they could do it was 29th November. I didn't want to postpone the service until then so two trips now required. I still don't know what's wrong with the camera, seems fine to me.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #74 on: October 11, 2022, 11:41:06 AM »
I didn't read all the posts, anyway it seems that the time of this "repair" is different between countries, in UK is 2.5 hours, here in Italy is 4 hours: it sounds like very strange :)
I think the 2.5 hours is the minimum provided the dealer starts the job immediately and there are no mishaps. When I visited my dealer a couple of weeks ago I was told that sometimes the update fails so they have to start again.  >:(
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Tags: