Author Topic: Lambda sensor replaced when Cat converter got stolen. Now Engine Light is on  (Read 3904 times)

therandike

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 2008 CVT 61KW 83HP
Hi, could I be cheeky and ask you to take a picture of the engine harness wires to the plug that connects to the front sensor. I believe this is my issue too.
thanks in advance

Yeah I don't mind taking a picture at all. But I don't where this is located. Is it withi  the engine bay? If so next to where?   I am fitting a new sensor with no making up connectors. But everything and fit with a mobile mechanic. Hopefully it will sort out my issues.

therandike

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
Hi, could I be cheeky and ask you to take a picture of the engine harness wires to the plug that connects to the front sensor. I believe this is my issue too.
thanks in advance

Yeah I don't mind. But I don't know where it is located? If it is within the engine bay. Next to what component? Give me a rough location and I will take the picture.

GarringtonL

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2006 Jazz 1.4
Hi,
Looking down over the back of the battery, you will see the top of the gearbox. Look for a rubber gaiter on the gearchange selector cable. There is a bracket holding the selector cable in place and the socket is attached to that bracket. The wires come from the engine wiring harness to that plug socket that the sensor wires connect to. I've added a pic from the Haynes car manual that show the bracket.
Many thanks 

therandike

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
thanks in advance

I will take some pictures soon

therandike

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
Hi, sorry but been away. I don't have those symptoms, my eml stays off for a day then stays on.
When your cat was stolen did they cut the wire to the front sensor or like mine did they rip it out ? I think when the garage replaced the sensor they've put the wires back in the socket from the engine harness incorrectly. Problem is I can't find out which wire goes where in the socket, Haynes book doesn't show a wiring diagram and no one seems to know either.
From the engine wiring harness I have green/yellow -black/white-white-black/yellow.
From sensor I have 2xwhite-grey-black.
Which connects to which ??
Hope yours is sorted.

Hey did you sort your car. Mine was not ripped out. sensor wire was cut. so I am guessing new a better sensor will sort me out. I found few people here saying walker product has a good sensor. I going to call them and order the correct sensor. My local garage said they will install the sensor for £35. I will report back soon with the results

Tags:

anything