Author Topic: Uncomfortable drivers seat in EX model  (Read 2194 times)

Rapid 17

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz EX Hybrid
Uncomfortable drivers seat in EX model
« on: October 25, 2021, 12:25:08 PM »
I bought my EX version in May and I'm pleased with it apart from one problem. The back part of the of the driver's seat cushion doesn't have enough padding in it where the bottom of my spine rests.
Has anyone else experienced this ?
Geoff.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
Re: Uncomfortable drivers seat in EX model
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2021, 12:28:13 PM »
Seat comfort OK for me ........ but I am an odd shape :)
Let's be careful out there !

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2021, 01:00:17 PM »
I find the seat fine but seat comfort is such a personal thing. I would say the seats are slightly better than the Mk3. I like Honda Jazzes because, for some reason, the driving position is ideal for my particular skeleton. I'd put it equal with the VW Golf I had some years back. Nearly every other car (including some bigger cars) caused issues of one sort or another mainly around my right leg on anything other than short journeys. I used to use Cruise Control to relieve the pressure on my my right leg on longer trips - I rarely use it these days.

I think your problem might be the lack of lumbar support.

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2021, 01:15:35 PM »
I found the seats on my EX initially a little bit uncomfortable but that was likely due to the material being new.

I’d say they are as good as the seats on my previous Volvo.

I found a great guide on seat adjustment that I always use on new/loan cars:

https://www.recaro-automotive.com/en/services/recaro-seat-fit-guide#

Doric

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid SR
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2021, 01:58:37 PM »
Although I have read many members are happy with the seats, my wife and I had our first long trip recently during which we split the driving and after two hours taking our turn driving we both had a numbness in the left cheek, not sure if this is because we are driving an automatic for the first time and using one foot but also didn’t find it that comfortable in the passenger seat after the same time. Our Mk2 Jazz was fine. I may have to try the tips given in the previous post. Although as we both drive it may not be very practical to keep altering the seating.

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2021, 03:13:04 PM »
Although as we both drive it may not be very practical to keep altering the seating.

If you both have the exact same physique, there's no point in altering the seating.
But if it's a few centimetres/inches off here and there, then I understand that neither of you are comfortable behind the wheel. Of course you have to adjust a few things (seat, steering wheel, mirrors) to be in the correct position behind the wheel!

I can't imagine that I (183 cm / 6 ft, 70 kg / 155 lb) jump behind the wheel after my wife (168 cm / 5 ft 6, 51 kg / 112 lb) drove, without changing a few things here and there... She would (have to) do the same after me driving.
And guess what... if we do so, we are both fine behind the wheel! Wife only complains about the passenger seat without height adjustment, I'm fine there.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 03:29:35 PM by Jazzik »
If nothing goes right, go left!

Neil Ives

• Approved Member
  • The day the Internet went down
  • My Honda: Jazz Hybrid EX 2022
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2021, 04:21:58 PM »
The BMW that we had before the Jazz had seats that automatically set themselves for each key holder. That's one of the features I miss.
Neil Ives

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2021, 04:32:01 PM »
I miss the seats on my IS200.

They were full electric so you could tweak them a mm at a time in all directions. I found the ability to raise the front of the seat squab to give the bit just behind the knees more support beneficial.
Let's be careful out there !

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2021, 06:40:53 PM »
I bought my EX version in May and I'm pleased with it apart from one problem. The back part of the of the driver's seat cushion doesn't have enough padding in it where the bottom of my spine rests.
Has anyone else experienced this ?
I had to put one of these in my Crosstar https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003JLYPO4 . It's not an ideal fit but it makes me comfortable. I've not had problems with the seat in my previous Hondas.

BTW, my daughter and son-in-law were very uncomplimentary about the Crosstar's rear seats and said they wouldn't want to be taken for another 2 hour journey sitting on them.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Doric

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid SR
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2021, 06:52:52 PM »
Well Jazzik that is a coincidence, my wife and I are similar to you two, I suppose if we found the correct settings for the longer trips they may suit us both. I had heard about memory seats before, that would be great for us. We will have to experiment on some longer trips we have planned for next  year.
Thank you for your reply.

nowster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 GR3 Jazz EX i-MMD in Midnight Blue
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2021, 07:06:12 PM »
I find the seat is comfortable for about 2 hours maximum. I start to get a numb bum after that.

This might be more noticeable because I'm not making as many fuel stops on longer trips.

Pogglefish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda HR-V Adv. Style in Sand Khaki
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2021, 08:50:03 PM »
I don’t think it’s a bad seat at all; not quite as good as a Mk.8 Civic but much better than a Mk.9 Civic and a Mk.3 Jazz. About 2.5 hours was my limit in the last Jazz, but I think this one would be good for maybe 4 before stiffness or numbness crept in.

Cheers

Pogglefish

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2021, 09:01:03 PM »
It all depends (like the dashboard glare in windscreen problem) on driver size, seat height and seat position. I'm 5'7", fairly skinny, like the seat fairly high and found that my thighs seemed to be carrying much of my weight. I reckon the seat squab needs to rotate forwards slightly as it is raised.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2021, 09:51:37 PM »
I find the seat is comfortable for about 2 hours maximum. I start to get a numb bum after that.

This might be more noticeable because I'm not making as many fuel stops on longer trips.

The Highway Code recommends taking a break (of at least 15 minutes) every two hours. Two hours needs to be the maximum period of time without a break from driving i.e. take more frequent breaks if necessary and when you stop for a break change your position i.e. get out of your car, go for a walk.

...and I think it's a good advise. It keeps you awake and fitter. Of course some flexibility is possible. A long trip? We stop every two to maximum two and a half hours. We don't wait till the tank is about empty... Some movement, a sip and a bite, eventually empty the bladder and here we go again.
Example: Toruń (Poland) to Sibenik (Croatia), almost 1450 km (900 mi) in two days and arriving reasonably fit. And no numb bum.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 10:15:48 PM by Jazzik »
If nothing goes right, go left!

Tags:

anything