Author Topic: Seat Position  (Read 1984 times)

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
Seat Position
« on: October 07, 2021, 08:28:28 AM »
Just something I've always done once I've got my ideal seat position. Just in case it gets moved for whatever reason :

Let's be careful out there !

Neil Ives

• Approved Member
  • The day the Internet went down
  • My Honda: Jazz Hybrid EX 2022
Re: Seat Position
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2021, 09:11:32 AM »
Good idea. I've been thinking about doing this because my wife and I need different seat positions.

Our BMW had automatically adjusting seats for each of us. As we approached the car and it recognised one of the keys, the seat position, back rake and door mirrors would start to move. Other settings for each of us were remembered, such as choice of radio channel, heating etc. The car display showed a message, Hello Neil, or Hello Janet. Self parking was fun. This was a car that cost approximately the same as the Jazz EX.
Neil Ives

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2021, 09:36:39 AM »
The money nowadays goes into "safety" features rather than conveniences. My current Yeti has memory electric seats which is a godsend when more than one driver regularly uses the car. Very, very few new cars offer that feature now.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2021, 11:54:22 AM »
Can the marker pen accommodate height adjustment as well as the backwards - forwards movement?
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Kremmen

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2021, 12:11:44 PM »
I doubt it.

In my experience though the service boys at my dealer don't move the seat.

guest4871

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2021, 12:36:37 PM »
I use little sticky dots to mark all positions against another sticky dot with different colours for different drivers. No damage to car as they will peel off.

Like:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/123720899634?hash=item1cce571c32:g:rPEAAOSwPgxVM4K8

sportse

• Approved Member
Seat Position
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2021, 04:20:52 PM »
For the seat height, I count pumps of the handle from either fully up or down to ensure I get it back to where it was. If you move the handle one way or the other until it stops, then moving it the same number of pumps in reverse should work.

It’s easy in the Jazz for me, as I have the seat all the way up. Some reviewers don’t like a high seat, but I actually wouldn’t mind mine a little bit higher.

The last car I had was fitted with memory seats, but I never actually used them as no one else would be driving the car. It’s likely others will drive my Jazz though - I’ve just ordered some of the stickers.

One of the worst cars I had was a Toyota Auris as the backrest had fixed slots you could set it at. Unfortunately the settings were too wide, so for me it was either just too far reclined or just too far forward- I could never get it perfectly set.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 04:23:13 PM by sportse »

Karoq

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Was HR-V e:HEV. 7 Hondas owned in the past. Currently CR-V SR. 2022 E:HEV
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2021, 10:25:04 AM »
Because of my bad back I needed the seat as high as possible to get out easily.
I found that the most ridiculous feature of the Crosstar seat is that as you raise the seat it moves forward so far that at 6' I can't actually get behind the wheel.
I might have bought it if had this stupid design.
Dip Mech Eng (automotive)

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2021, 10:29:02 AM »
Brilliant budget solution. Love it.  :D

Fortunately Mrs W and me share the same seating position aside form distance from the wheel. She puts it back two clicks each time she leaves the car. Easy.

Electric memory seats? IMHO they are totaly unnecessary complexity and just add extra weight of wiring and motors. Kremmens marker pen is a far better solution, not going to go wrong and much more eco friendly.  :D

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2021, 10:34:38 AM »
Brilliant budget solution. Love it.  :D

Electric memory seats? IMHO they are totaly unnecessary complexity and just add extra weight of wiring and motors. Kremmens marker pen is a far better solution, not going to go wrong and much more eco friendly.  :D
Oh dear god please protect us from these righteous zealots. Why not get rid of heaters and every other modern convenience that are fitted to cars now - in fact why buy a new car at all? Far better ecologically to get an old banger and drive it forever. The environmental cost of building a new car far outweighs the ecologic cost of running an old banger.

Westy36

• Approved Member
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2021, 10:48:46 AM »
Oh dear god please protect us from these righteous zealots. Why not get rid of heaters and every other modern convenience that are fitted to cars now - in fact why buy a new car at all? Far better ecologically to get an old banger and drive it forever. The environmental cost of building a new car far outweighs the ecologic cost of running an old banger.
Groan. Factual statement regarding complexity and weight. Kremmens marker pen solution add neither is a brilliant idea.

Did you ever get round to buying a Jazz?

Kremmen

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2021, 10:56:28 AM »
If you mean me then 3rd Sep.

Westy36

• Approved Member
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2021, 11:06:18 AM »
If you mean me then 3rd Sep.
Nice car, hope you're enjoying it.  :D Still not many on the roads in Suffolk, very rare car sadly.

No I was asking Expatman. Last I heard he was moaning about Honda wheel sizes and concerns regarding the seat height. 

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2021, 11:13:28 AM »
Groan. Factual statement regarding complexity and weight. Kremmens marker pen solution add neither is a brilliant idea.

Did you ever get round to buying a Jazz?
Waiting to see the new HR-V before deciding. I like the size of the Crosstar but passenger seat is a bit too low for my wife, pity passenger seat is not height adjustable.
So eagerly waiting for HR-V to be available for test drives. HR-V has similar drive train and technology to Jazz in a slightly larger and higher riding design which might suit us better.

Karoq

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Was HR-V e:HEV. 7 Hondas owned in the past. Currently CR-V SR. 2022 E:HEV
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2021, 12:07:55 PM »
Expatman,
I assume you missed any HR-V open evenings?
The HR-V drivers seat can be raised to a level higher than that of the Karoq, i spite of the overall height being lower.
I am not sure if the HR-V passenger seat is vertically adjustable.
But I am sure that adjustable or not, the HR-V passenger seat will be higher than the Crosstar.
Demos should be in dealers around 11/11. One ship already delivered cars to Bristol and will be going to Southampton on 26/10.
Another boat on it's way.
Deliveries of first orders to customers, currently advised early 1/22.
You can order now for £500 returnable deposit, if you wish. I did so on 13/08.
Dip Mech Eng (automotive)

Tags: