Author Topic: A question about servicing.  (Read 2177 times)

Sidot

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk3 ES.Sporty Blue Metallic.
A question about servicing.
« on: June 21, 2019, 03:09:10 PM »
Bought my new Jazz last July but didn't take delivery from the dealership until September.
Had a call yesterday from Honda saying it's due for 12 month service. Obviously twelve months from registration.
Told them it's 12 months for me in September.
Only done 3 thousand miles so far.
My real question is...... I go on holiday on 11th August.
Should I have it  serviced before I go on holiday or wait until September ?

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
Re: A question about servicing.
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2019, 03:19:08 PM »
When was it last serviced? The servicing is due 12 months from then unless the mileage for the year is over 12.5K then that is when it is due.

Vic.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 06:53:28 PM by VicW »

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2019, 04:20:06 PM »
Is it not a brand new car (or was when it was bought)?

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2019, 08:23:45 AM »
Timely servicing might boost the resale value and also minimise the risk for arguments should any warranty work be needed.

Another advantage of sticking to the registration date for the servicing is that once the vehicle is 3 years old you can get the MOT done along with the service rather than as a separate activity.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

MicktheMonster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 jazz 1.3S, 2009 Civic 2.2D SE
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2019, 08:42:09 AM »
If it's still under Honda warranty get it serviced to keep up the warranty, you'll still only be getting it serviced once per year, no point invalidating your warranty over putting it off a few months.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2019, 10:45:18 AM »
Timely servicing might boost the resale value and also minimise the risk for arguments should any warranty work be needed.

Another advantage of sticking to the registration date for the servicing is that once the vehicle is 3 years old you can get the MOT done along with the service rather than as a separate activity.

Agree with that. I'm in a situation where my service is due in January and MOT at the end of March - a bit of a pain. With regard to the OP - I'd get it done in July - OK nothing probably will go wrong but sods law and all that.

123Drive!

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.4 ES i-Shift
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2019, 03:38:23 PM »
If the car is brand new and delivered in Sept them definitely do it in September. Mileage wise you haven't gone beyond 12,500 miles so your warranty should be valid if you do it after the holiday.

Do you have a service plan? If not, do becareful as they will try to sell you one at the next service. Also check if any wear and tear items need replacing, if so, do it before the service as it can be more expensive at the Honda Dealer.

Ozzie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2019, 04:53:31 PM »
I am guessing they are trying to spread out work around the new car date of September 1st, and try and book you in early. However I would go for September if that suits you better.

bobby boy

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 1.2S
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2019, 05:41:21 PM »
 It would be sensible to have the car serviced within twelve months of first registration,to avoid any conflict over the manufacturers warranty. We had this problem when we bought our new, but pre registered Jazz, annoying but the good deal we had on the car made up for it.

123Drive!

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.4 ES i-Shift
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2019, 11:27:00 PM »
I am guessing they are trying to spread out work around the new car date of September 1st, and try and book you in early. However I would go for September if that suits you better.

Good answer, Ozzie. Just remember there are many Honda dealers around so don't necessary have to go to the nearest one.

Tags: