Author Topic: Am I Correct?  (Read 1134 times)

Saucebox

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2020 jazz EX
Am I Correct?
« on: March 28, 2023, 02:31:41 PM »
I'm replacing my Mk 4 EX with the upcoming Advance model though don't know yet what the increased price will be...

Two questions:

Am I •correct or •incorrect  in surmising that (a) given the increase in power the engine will work less hard in the new iteration at all speeds compared with the outgoing version and (b) if true this will translate into a •quieter cabin experience, especially at motorway speeds?  Noticeably so, or maybe barely detectable...?

I'm not technically minded so I'd appreciate it if when you reply you please keep it simple. Thanks. I'm looking forward to hearing what knowlrgeable folks have ho say on the subject.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
Re: Am I Correct?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2023, 02:59:23 PM »
I'm guessing no one has any UK facelift Jazz yet so you could be the first to comment
Let's be careful out there !

Marco1979

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Crosstar 2021 Crystal Red
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2023, 03:09:17 PM »
I think looking at the H-RV might explain it a little further: it has the more powerful engine (at higher revs!), but engine torque is similar. So only at higher revs more power will be created to drive the more powerful generator. At motorway speeds, rpm in between 2,000 and 2,500, output will be very similar. So will noise level. But even sound proofing might have changed…

I expect the most in low speed city traffic: higher current possible from the battery (hopefully), so more electric power while the engine remains off.

Also I agree with Kremmen: let’s wait and see!

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2023, 03:22:47 PM »
Just to add further, as you're changing from MK4 to MK4 facelift you are in a better position to give us an owners view.

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2023, 04:34:23 PM »
We are (like everyone else) guessing...
If nothing goes right, go left!

JJazz

• Approved Member
  • Exiled Scot
  • My Honda: 2023 Honda Jazz EX in midnight blue beam metallic
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2023, 04:43:50 PM »
One you can be certain it will cost a lot more

jamjar

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2023, 08:57:53 PM »
I'm replacing my Mk 4 EX with the upcoming Advance model though don't know yet what the increased price will be...

Two questions:

Am I •correct or •incorrect  in surmising that (a) given the increase in power the engine will work less hard in the new iteration at all speeds compared with the outgoing version and (b) if true this will translate into a •quieter cabin experience, especially at motorway speeds?  Noticeably so, or maybe barely detectable...?

I'm not technically minded so I'd appreciate it if when you reply you please keep it simple. Thanks. I'm looking forward to hearing what knowlrgeable folks have ho say on the subject.
I  heard the order books will open on 3rd April with deliveries expecting in the same month. As this is just round the corner it is possible some dealers might have already received a demo model & if so you could test drive one? The prices start from £27,995 (The outgoing model was £25,795) for the advance models for the basic Black colour. all other colours would cost more (£729 to £1,108) depending on your colour choice.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2023, 09:01:40 PM by jamjar »

aphybrid

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 54.46
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar Shiny Grey
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2023, 07:03:34 AM »
Quote yesterday from my dealer "So the basic model will be called the Jazz Elegance which is £25,885 plus paint on the road."

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2023, 08:34:06 AM »
I expect that the most noticeable change on the facelift version will be a less noticeable RDMS system. Also, the engine not immediately starting if there's more than 3 bars on the battery gauge and no heating demand so you can do shunting on the driveway. These are the noticeable improvements on my 2022 HR-V relative to the 2020 Crosstar.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2023, 08:46:54 AM »
That's interesting JR. I can do that in mine.

If I have my heater off and I have charge, my engine doesn't fire up. Maybe another MY22 change ?

Bristol_Crosstar

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance Sport
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2023, 08:54:46 AM »
That's interesting JR. I can do that in mine.

If I have my heater off and I have charge, my engine doesn't fire up. Maybe another MY22 change ?
The engine doesn't always fire up on mine immediately especially if I used the car the day before.

I saw an HR-V in the flesh yesterday, thought it looked really good. I may consider one of those when I come to replace my Crosstar.

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2023, 10:06:36 AM »
As others say its wait and see.

Even just considering an internal combustion engine , power is often a compromise between power, torque smooth running, economy, noise  etc.  I value torque above all else which gives better mid range grunt. But often its a  higher advertised kw/bhp which  attracts buyers , even if the small print shows its only available at very high engine revs that some of us never use.   OK if you are always revving the nuts  off a snarling and spitting racing car for ultimate  power, but not necessarily the most pleasure to drive for normal road manners and economy. .

With a hybrid there is a whole new set of factors. Engine power may not be used to directly drive the car, but  indirectly so the  battery charges quicker,. This means electric  drive can be used more often and can be more powerful.      This doesnt necessarily mean that bigger generator and drive motors are fitted. The output of these is varied anyway by the cars computer    by increasing or reducing the strength of their electromagnets,. An increase requires  more use of engine power  ,or greater use  of regenerative charging from braking or momentum when travelling downhill.   ( Its increased when you are using B mode for instance.) At present  it does the best it can for the available ICE power.    .  But a more powerful  engine means a higher  battery generating load  can be used more often to aid silent and powerful EV assistance.   
Sorry if for some/most I am stating the obvious  :-[
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Lincolnshire Rambler

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz mk4
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2023, 05:59:16 PM »
Agreed with all of that. ! While I do accelerate foot to the floor occasionally I don’t mind the sound as you can go off at a very quickly ! It will interesting to try the new model and see it improves the sound under full throttle. I’m only curious to know it’s a software improvement change rather than anything mechanical in the drive line . My wife’s latest Toyota had an engine improvement which is totally down to software change . You barely see iany difference in driving but it’s reduces its CO2 emmisions 🤣🤣🤔

Tags:

anything