Author Topic: Mk 4 software updates issue  (Read 4027 times)

nowster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 GR3 Jazz EX i-MMD in Midnight Blue
Re: Mk 4 software updates issue
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2023, 01:43:46 PM »
A good track for testing subwoofers is "Flight of the Cosmic Hippo" by Béla Fleck and the Flecktones. It features a bass with loosened strings. MP3 encoders cut off the lowest notes.

Marco1979

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Crosstar 2021 Crystal Red
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2023, 02:01:23 PM »
A good track for testing subwoofers is "Flight of the Cosmic Hippo" by Béla Fleck and the Flecktones. It features a bass with loosened strings. MP3 encoders cut off the lowest notes.
Hear hear! Great track. Also most tracks of Lorde will put your subwoofer to the test, e.g. Royals.

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2023, 03:16:47 PM »
A car a couple behind me in traffic was deafening all around them with blaring music.   The irony is it was  "The sound of Silence" by Simon and Garfunkel . ;D   Which tends to place the driver in  my generation.  Needs to put his hearing aid up .
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2023, 03:55:15 PM »
There are some selfish ******* around who turn up the volume and drive around with windows open.

As you say it's usually brain dead youngsters
Let's be careful out there !

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2023, 04:25:28 PM »
I always wonder why people care about the sound (or noise )system in a car, just about the worst acoustic space you can imagine.
I consider music in the car as "background wallpaper", just like in a shopping center. Quality is of no importance.
I really enjoy music live in a concert hall or recorded at home. There I put (preferably 80 grams) black, round vinyl on the Origin Live Aurora, turn up the volume knob of the Sonneteer Campion and enjoy what comes out of the Rega speakers ...
I wouldn't spend one penny on so-called "High End" car audio.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2023, 11:42:43 PM by Jazzik »
If nothing goes right, go left!

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2023, 04:29:42 PM »
Have to agree
Let's be careful out there !

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2023, 04:59:00 PM »
I never play music loud, in the  car or at home , and dont feel the need for highest sound quality in the car.  I think after a few years   some  have to have it increasingly loud to overcome their self inflicted hearing loss.
Some might benefit from Bone conduction earphones. Anyone ever used them?

I never really noticed how much soundwaves affect you  until   sitting in traffic in silent EV mode.  Not just my own modest music levels,  but from the  sound systems and engine vibrations of  nearby vehicles.    But I suppose  when you sit somewhere peaceful you can hear the  leaves falling.  And dont get me started on tweeting birds and grasshoppers  >:(
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Guinness 2

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX Sunlight White
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2023, 05:13:12 PM »
I know that driving through France on the Autoroutes in particular but also a lot of minor roads I can have the music volume turned down several notches and can still hear perfectly well (both the music and passengers voices).  Cross the channel, up the M20 and volume goes up and up and still hard to hear.  Our roads are terrible in the UK. professional cyclists always refer to our roads as 'heavy' and that's before this years potholes have added to the cacophony!

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2023, 10:13:17 PM »
That’s because we live in a country gently sliding into third world ways!

SebastianTR

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 4.0L/100km
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz e:HEV
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2023, 08:18:54 AM »
Hello from 3. world country  ;D

@Jazzik
Honda sell this car with premium sound system.
When you see on brochure you get excited and think it'll be premium high quality stuff but it's just OK.

But I agree with you. You can't listen quality music on a car. It's pointless to spend money on audio system.

By the why jazz crosstar has very decent audio system. You just expect more whe you read premium sound system.

Cheers!

Tags: