Author Topic: Engine air filter - Jazz 2010  (Read 13864 times)

guest2853

Engine air filter - Jazz 2010
« on: September 16, 2013, 09:43:39 AM »
Hello friends,

My local Honda dealer has run out of business and soon I will need to service my car.
I will do this personally and have found that the original engine air filter is number 17220 RB0 000

There are several equivalent air filters as good as the original:

- Champion U880/606

- FRAM CA10650

- Hoffer 18394

- Mahle LX2693

- Purflux A1421

- Mann Luftfilter XY300609

I hope this may help the ones that like me enjoy talking care of their Jazz.

Best regards.

chrisc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 manual
Re: Engine air filter - Jazz 2010
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 04:13:34 PM »
That is really helpful, thank you.  FRAM filters are available here and cost under 1/3 what Honda spares ask for the filter.
If music be the food of love, play on

guest2853

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 09:12:38 AM »
You welcome.

In Italy all of these filters are cheaper (in price but not quality) than the original Honda part but it is always wise to check first.

guest2853

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 07:50:14 AM »
Hello,

Herewith another reference for the air filter: Mann Filter C 18004
I bought this from a local spare parts dealer for 12 euro.
On the side of the box is written Honda and Knecht/Mahle LX 2693.
This is as good as the genuine air filter.
It is well manufactured.

Take care.

chrisc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 manual
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2013, 12:36:47 PM »
There is a filter element available here called "Meat & Doria" also with a part number 18394, same as Hoffer listed by the OP.  Cost is exactly 1/3 that from my local Honda spares.  Appearance and construction identical to original
If music be the food of love, play on

guest1272

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2013, 05:11:09 PM »
Just put a K&N 33-2422 air filter in mine (got it yesterday) - direct drop in with lifetime warranty and cleanable/reusable (car definitely feels a tad more peppy to me, but that could just be my imagination after having spent £32 :D).

guest4268

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2014, 05:11:54 AM »
On our Mk1 I used to change the air filter as its a doddle but are they not supposed to show which way up by an arrow? The ones I got didn't have that? How important is it I wonder

Richiep22

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Si
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2019, 10:04:44 AM »
Just put a K&N 33-2422 air filter in mine (got it yesterday) - direct drop in with lifetime warranty and cleanable/reusable (car definitely feels a tad more peppy to me, but that could just be my imagination after having spent £32 :D).

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but I just wondered whether you needed to declare a change to a "performance" air filter to your insurance? I'm wondering about changing from the OEM, but have read a couple of things about it needing to be declared which have put me off...

Many thanks

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2019, 02:31:19 PM »
Welcome. Speak to your insurance company before you change the filter. They may be okay with it, however it is always best to keep on their right side.

jm0128

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2010
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2022, 08:10:39 PM »
An air filters and air filter nothing special needed. As long as it fairly clean does the job.
James

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2022, 04:20:28 PM »
 An old post but still relevant

Champion and Hoffer are only after-market quality.     (Champion made their reputation with original equipment  spark plugs.  Their  expansion into filters ,wiper blades etc does not ensure those are also equally good.

The others are top OEM brands (Original equipment quality)   .  Assuming they are not fakes.   There are those in the far east happy to print whatever name you want on a cheapo  filter and box,(including Honda branding  etc)  and those in the west happy to sell them. 

And some once famous and reputable brands have gone bust and sold  their name, history and reputation, but not manufacturing facilities and expertise , to far eastern parts makers, who can quite legitimately sell lower quality products under that brand name.  Sometimes they own more than one brand name and will sell the same product under whatever  brand name is most famous in a  particular country.

Its best to buy from a reputable source.  If the price looks  too good to be true, avoid.   

That said an air and pollen filter is likely to work well enough .   Its oil filters where you really need to be cautious.

Its a good idea when selecting a brand name, even a well known one, to google their history to see who actually owns them now. 
« Last Edit: February 20, 2022, 04:29:03 PM by Lord Voltermore »
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2022, 04:37:01 PM »
Bosch/Blueprint air filters fine.
I only use Honda oil filters..for obvious reasons.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2022, 04:59:09 PM »
I have bought my filters from Opie oils ( and spark plugs ) for many years and they have never sent me one that did not fit. They stock Mahle, Bosch and Denso - all good brands - and prices and delivery are good..

https://www.opieoils.co.uk/f/100005/32673/2010/filters.aspx

My wifes Jazz MK2 1.4 Si  has been running around with these plugs in since 2017...

https://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-79514-ngk-izfr6k13-6774-iridium-ix-spark-plug-sparkplug-platinum-ground-electrode.aspx

If you have not flushed your antifreeze yet ( OEM antifreeze corrosion inhibitor package lasts 10 years ), this is a good price for Honda Blue premixed (50/50 ) - it is same colour as the original in your engine and means you can part drain and refill and colour will remain blue ( I just do a cold drain - means the thermostat is closed ) and get about 2 litres out and replace after 10 years, and in year 11 do the same - I did a complete drain once and ended up with airlocks in the system - so now I just drain the radiator  8) ).

https://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/honda-shop/genuine-honda-type-2-coolant-5-litre-pre-mixed/

I have used Mahle oil filters on my precious motorbikes, where the service is much more demanding than on a car - the 'wet clutch' on most motorbikes and the shared engine / gearbox oil can put bits into the oil that you do not want there,  and it is important that they get caught by the filter...  Bike engines are much tighter tolerance than most cars and rev a lot higher ( my present bike redlines at 11,000 and my previous one was 13,000 ).
« Last Edit: February 20, 2022, 05:23:55 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags: