Author Topic: Do you need Honda servicing to keep warranty ?  (Read 7535 times)

guest1388

Do you need Honda servicing to keep warranty ?
« on: January 17, 2011, 03:23:29 PM »
Up to now my 08 Jazz has Honda service stamps but want to take it locally for servicing, will this be an issue for warranty claims ?  Dave

JazzyB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz 1.4 Sport Manual (Japanese built)
Re: Do you need Honda servicing to keep warranty ?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 04:40:22 PM »
Should be ok so long as the garage use genuine parts.

guest1461

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 06:58:43 PM »
Agree should be ok if honda parts are used but make sure you stress it has to be honda as I have seen service books that states honda parts have been used but they clearly have not.

guest516

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 07:36:16 PM »
Up to now my 08 Jazz has Honda service stamps but want to take it locally for servicing, will this be an issue for warranty claims ?  Dave
Hi
Can see no problem whilst coved by warranty - but (a big BUT) if you need  goodwill help
out of warranty don't expect your Honda garage to help you on parts or fitting costs
Enjoy motoring in your Jazz
Oui oui

dogbiscuit

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz 1.3 i-VTEC SE MT
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 01:31:16 PM »
A recent dealer service reminder states that there have been changes to the Honda Warranty.

"Please be advised that all Honda models from 2006 onwards must have an annual corrosion inspection. Failing to have the car inspected by a Honda dealer will invalidate the 12 year corrosion warranty. The inspection will be carried out with your service."

guest1388

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2011, 04:25:23 PM »
Thanks for all  the feedback, ( I rang Honda and they said the same, Honda parts and recomended oil) but the corrosion issue is a curious one! Probably just a ploy, maybe ! Thanks Dave

guest1232

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 11:42:56 AM »
Lets face it, corrosion won't be a problem unless there is a deep scratch or dent that breaks the paint surface, a quick look underneath on ramps should flag up any areas that may need treatment. Also, keep the drain holes in the doors and sills clear with a thin piece of wire and you should be OK.

Tags: