Author Topic: Crosstar noise  (Read 4305 times)

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
Re: Crosstar noise
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2021, 05:36:17 PM »
Autobild desribe the Crosstar as a 'rustically planked' version of the Jazz.   ;D
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Jayt43

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2021, 07:17:34 PM »
Autobild desribe the Crosstar as a 'rustically planked' version of the Jazz.   ;D

Sounds like it will go down well in Bavaria then!

nowster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 GR3 Jazz EX i-MMD in Midnight Blue
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2021, 11:45:45 AM »
If look at the video provided by John Ratsey which a Honda video it states that at 50mph and above the engine goes into direct drive with the wheels.

It can go into direct drive at about 50mph or over. It doesn't have to.

What I find on a relatively flat motorway or dual carriageway doing about 65mph, the drive system alternates between direct drive with additional battery charging until the battery shows 7-8 bars, and pure EV mode until the battery shows 3-4 bars. It's silent and seamless.

Climbing at that sort of speed I've seen any number of combinations of: direct drive, direct drive with electric assist, indirect drive only and indirect drive with battery contributing. What's used all depends on the situation and the draw on the system (eg. headlights, fan, A/C).

Downhill, the system will be feeding the battery until it's full, then applying engine braking (if in ACC).

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2021, 12:50:48 PM »
Yesterday I went out with my sound meter intent on deliberately provoking sound.
  At   70 mph , in quite heavy rain , it kept a steady 50 db  which my phone app describes as "quiet office,quiet street "   Pleasantly quiet in reality, and would probably be lower still  on a dry road.      On the return trip the recording showed  a momentary rise to 70 db  described as 'busy traffic'.   This rise almost certainly came from an adjacent splashy truck  ,not the Jazz. 

I then briefly drove it  ' like I'd stolen it'  at nigh on maximum acceleration  from 20 mph  to 70 mph up a steep hill.  Got the full  pseudo gear change  effect  like when journalists do 0 -62 mph runs.    By this time I had realised I was being silly trying to monitor sound on my own  in the rain, so cant yet give a definitive figure for this. But the period that included this run  recorded a maximum of about 70 db, but there were trucks about. 

My overall impression, listening out specially and judging the noise ,  was  its  NOT noisy by any reasonable standard  for the circumstances.

Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Derek cranage

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz crosstar
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2021, 07:34:16 PM »
Thanks every one.
As I am now 80 years old I do not feel I want to carry on caravaning and packed up around 5 years ago. 
I have had a number of VW with the  DSG gearbox and always found it to be very good.
I think I am convinced and look forward to getting my car mid January when it is due.
Again many thanks to every one
« Last Edit: December 11, 2021, 07:48:59 PM by Derek cranage »

Derek cranage

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz crosstar
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2022, 05:31:49 PM »
I have now had the car a few months and covered 3,000 miles. And I have found the car to be quite. It has helped by the special carpets I had made to my own templates and this cover the whole of the floor and go right up the bulkhead
Several passengers have remarked how quite it is. The engine went quieter after 2,500 miles
I feel I have made the right choice for what I wanted, yes there are a few dislikes but no major things, no car is perfect
Thanks to every one for your help and advice

Tags: