Author Topic: New South African variant.  (Read 42109 times)

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: New South African variant.
« Reply #105 on: December 06, 2021, 10:07:23 AM »

Many South Africans are not vaccinated, so the effectiveness of the vaccines is neither here nor there.  There are plenty of older people in SA.
Quite the reverse.
If the vaccines were ineffective we would be in the same boat as the South Africans.
Fortunately the vaccines are likely to be effective although the effectiveness may be reduced somewhat.
The median age is very much younger in Southern Africa than it is in Europe.

Edit On second thoughts . If the vaccines were ineffective the UK would be in a worse position than South Africa in a month or so due to its relatively ageing population.

As expected there are recently a lot of infections in SA,  but very few deaths.... This virus is no different to any other in the way it becomes easier to catch but not so deadly ( but don't tell the government, they ignore facts that don't suit their agenda ).  Omicron will take over from Delta and everyone will be better off... except Pfizer shareholders.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #106 on: December 06, 2021, 10:50:38 AM »
Roll up, roll up

AZ jabs, £2 each or 3 for a Pfizer

Let's be careful out there !

JimSh

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2014 Honda Jazz ES Plus
« Reply #107 on: December 06, 2021, 01:26:56 PM »

As expected there are recently a lot of infections in SA,  but very few deaths.... This virus is no different to any other in the way it becomes easier to catch but not so deadly ( but don't tell the government, they ignore facts that don't suit their agenda ).  Omicron will take over from Delta and everyone will be better off... except Pfizer shareholders.

Still too early to say.
Tests are still ongoing.
Until the results are known it is best to take more precautions than advocated by UK Government and get you booster -even if it's Pfizer.

See Indie Sage You Tube video 10 -16 Minutes

and
https://pharmaphorum.com/news/omicron-set-to-dominate-in-uk-within-weeks-says-expert/

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #108 on: December 06, 2021, 07:39:07 PM »
Dr Fauci is optimistic about the severity of Omicron. Dr Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said on Sunday that the travel ban is being reevaluated every day, and the US government is aware of the hardship it has placed on those countries. Fauci, Biden's chief medical adviser, said the ban was put in place when the US was "in the dark" and just learning about a surge in cases in South Africa because of the Omicron variant; the ban was meant to provide time to assess the situation.

JimSh

• Approved Member
« Reply #109 on: December 07, 2021, 09:16:40 AM »
Too early to be definite

"Anthony Fauci, MD, White House, chief medical advisor, yesterday told CNN that the South African clinical findings are encouraging, but he added that it's too early to make definitive statements.

On CBS "Face the Nation" yesterday, Maria Van Kerkhove, PhD, COVID-19 technical lead for the World Health Organization (WHO), said it might take weeks to understand if some patients with Omicron go on to develop severe disease. Even if large numbers of people have mild disease, however, some people will still need hospitalization, she added."
https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2021/12/report-south-africas-omicron-hot-spot-spurs-cautious-optimism

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #110 on: December 07, 2021, 09:35:33 AM »
Yeah, Fauci is making money out of keeping the panic and hysteria at maximum level - don't forget he is implicated ( up to his neck ) in moving bat coronavirus 'research' into Wuhan. If there is any justice Fauci will end up in Jail...
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #111 on: December 07, 2021, 09:46:21 AM »
Here are the findings so far from South Africa 'Reasons to be Cheerful Pt 3'  ( Ian Dury and the blockheads ).

• Fewer people hospitalised with Omicron have ended up in intensive care: 8 per cent, compared to 25 per cent for Delta.
    • Fewer patients need oxygen: only about a third. A big change, the study says, because until now pretty much every Covid patient has needed oxygen.
    • Most Omicron patients were not admitted for Covid: they registered due to hospital policy of testing everyone admitted.
    • Omicron patients are out of hospital sooner: 2.8 days ‘compared to an average length of stay of 8.5 days for the past 18 months’.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2021, 09:52:51 AM by culzean »

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #112 on: December 07, 2021, 10:31:46 AM »
Just need the data on how effective the vaccines are

JimSh

• Approved Member
« Reply #113 on: December 07, 2021, 10:52:00 AM »
Just need the data on how effective the vaccines are
There's a bit more involved than that see the Indie Sage report posted earlier.(10 min -18min)

« Last Edit: December 07, 2021, 11:02:40 AM by JimSh »

nowster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 GR3 Jazz EX i-MMD in Midnight Blue
« Reply #114 on: December 08, 2021, 11:28:07 AM »
Yeah, Fauci is making money out of keeping the panic and hysteria at maximum level - don't forget he is implicated ( up to his neck ) in moving bat coronavirus 'research' into Wuhan. If there is any justice Fauci will end up in Jail...

Do you have any reputable source for that allegation? (Other than Facebook or the Daily Sport or New York Post.)

Major clanger

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 2014
« Reply #115 on: December 08, 2021, 11:54:28 AM »
Its a deep rabbit hole, but here's a good start.

Number 3 Amazon best seller, only recently been deposed from number 1 slot.

https://www.amazon.com/Real-Anthony-Fauci-Democracy-Childrens/dp/1510766804/ref=zg_bs_books_3/140-2263647-5033657?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=503CNQHZDRX80XXNN1YT

JimSh

• Approved Member
« Reply #116 on: December 08, 2021, 12:31:21 PM »
Here we go again.
Covid news – live: ‘Work from home plans drawn up’ as UK could see 90,000 cases a day by Christmas
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/covid-omicron-cases-vaccine-boosters-live-b1971766.html

"Ministers are expected to sign off new rules to impose home working and vaccine certification across England in the face of rising Covid cases, the Guardian understands.
Downing Street said no final decisions had been made but ministers and officials convened on Wednesday to move to plan B and to begin imposing some restrictions as early as Wednesday night."
https://pressnewsagency.org/ministers-expected-to-sign-off-plan-b-covid-rules-for-england/

Too little too late again.
Why did he not re -introduce working from home and extra mask wearing last month when he was warned by scientists?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2021, 12:41:21 PM by JimSh »

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #117 on: December 08, 2021, 01:12:23 PM »
Got to agree.

What harm does mandatory mask wearing cause, none.

However, even mandatory mask wearing is ignored by so many. I just wish there was some better policing and fines.

I saw a prime example earlier this week. Tesco petrol station shop 06:30. Half a dozen young lads went in there getting their sandwiches and drinks. If I'd have been behind the counter I'd have locked the electronic door and told them no mask no entry.

embee

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz SE CVT
« Reply #118 on: December 08, 2021, 01:39:34 PM »
Here we go again.
Covid news – live: ‘Work from home plans drawn up’ ........
"Ministers are expected to sign off new rules .......
Downing Street said no final decisions had been made but ministers and officials convened on Wednesday to move to plan B and to begin imposing some restrictions as early as Wednesday night."
The Speaker of the Commons made some interesting remarks and "reminders" today that such announcements should be made to the House not to the Media, and he "invited" the Government to submit such a request to make a statement in the House and plenty of opportunity would be made available ............

Nearest thing to a total bo**ocking I've heard, it remains to be seen if the PM could give a **** about democracy (again), and whether any action results if he ignores the House of Commons.

nowster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 GR3 Jazz EX i-MMD in Midnight Blue
« Reply #119 on: December 08, 2021, 01:47:46 PM »
Its a deep rabbit hole, but here's a good start.

Number 3 Amazon best seller, only recently been deposed from number 1 slot.

https://www.amazon.com/Real-Anthony-Fauci-Democracy-Childrens/dp/1510766804/ref=zg_bs_books_3/140-2263647-5033657?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=503CNQHZDRX80XXNN1YT

One wee problem with that fellow. He promotes the totally discredited idea that vaccines cause autism and heads an anti-vaccination advocacy group. That's hardly an unbiased source. It's more like New York Post material.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_F._Kennedy_Jr.#COVID-19

Just because a recent book has sold well for a few weeks doesn't necessarily mean it's solid journalism.

Had it been published in the UK the libel lawyers would have been all over it. The laws in the US are more lax in that regard.

Tags:

anything