Author Topic: Illumination Packs  (Read 5670 times)

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
  • My Honda: HR-V
Re: Illumination Packs
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2021, 03:31:53 PM »
...Well for £4.50 it didn't break the bank :D

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2021, 04:30:54 PM »
Presumably that was a bulb swap ?

So why do Honda dealers want considerably more.
Let's be careful out there !

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2021, 04:42:12 PM »
...£4.50 for a bulb swap yes, keeps original unit.
The Honda offering for the £50 is a complete unit swap, for multiple LEDs I think.
Not sure how much brighter it would be and as you can see from the photo I don't think you need any more light really.

I know it's not a necessity but it's an easy upgrade, for a pretty decent light increase, for not much dosh.

IanG

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk4 Jazz EX
« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2021, 05:19:14 PM »
Honda dealer supplied me with the LED boot light upgrade, which was a plug in LED lamp, which replaces the standard filament lamp within the original lamp holder fitting.
I think it contains multiple LEDs and provided a significant lighting improvement.
Part number is: 08E13-TZA-600
I believe the quoted £50 cost is fitted but, as it was a simple lamp exchange within the original fitting, I installed it myself.
Cost was £28-80 but may be available at lower cost elsewhere.
I realise it’s possible to order generic Chinese LED lamps but prefer to use genuine Honda parts, even if it is, in this case, manufactured in Vietnam!

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2021, 05:46:11 PM »
Yes, there are bulbs and bulbs.

I would think you could get a good quality Cree, or similar, for a lot less than £28

Wonder

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz e:HEV
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2021, 07:47:27 PM »
Honda dealer supplied me with the LED boot light upgrade, which was a plug in LED lamp, which replaces the standard filament lamp within the original lamp holder fitting.
I think it contains multiple LEDs and provided a significant lighting improvement.
Part number is: 08E13-TZA-600
I believe the quoted £50 cost is fitted but, as it was a simple lamp exchange within the original fitting, I installed it myself.
Cost was £28-80 but may be available at lower cost elsewhere.
I realise it’s possible to order generic Chinese LED lamps but prefer to use genuine Honda parts, even if it is, in this case, manufactured in Vietnam!

Hello,
if I understood correctly between the original light in the trunk and the optional 08E13-TZA-600 the only difference is the lamp?
ie by changing the original lamp you get the code 08E13-TZA-600?
Because it is an optional that costs £ 42.80 (55 EURO in Italy)
and it seems strange to me that the difference is just that, I thought there was also some difference in the "hardware" (in the plastic lamp to understand)
(Sorry for the mistakes, I used Goole Translator)

IanG

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk4 Jazz EX
« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2021, 08:59:43 PM »
When I ordered the LED trunk lamp, I expected a full fitting to replace the original boot lamp but the part is an LED lamp to replace the standard filament lamp within the original fitting. I checked the Honda part number using Google and it brings up the LED trunk lamp upgrade from a number of Honda parts suppliers, so think with them also it’s just the LED lamp part that is supplied, rather than the entire trunk light assembly.
It’s a simple job to swap the LED lamp in place of the filament lamp. I wonder if the higher price listed in the Honda accessories brochure includes a charge for dealer fitting. It was still a relatively expensive part for just the LED lamp and, as others have stated, there are non Honda LED lamps available at much less cost.
It does improve the boot illumination dramatically and I notice that on the new HRV, LED boot lamps are standard, there being two, one on left and right hand side of the boot. It strikes as penny pinching not to include the LED boot lamp as standard on the Jazz, particularly as the interior roof lights are all LED.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 09:05:52 PM by IanG »

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2021, 09:34:12 PM »
It’s weird that the whole car is LED apart from the boot light, reversing lights and rear indicators- I would have thought Honda would have made everything LED to avoid having to carry spare bulbs.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2021, 05:23:05 AM »
Honda have some weird parts prices.

On the 8G Civic there are 4 small plastic clips, about the size of a 20p but round. They clip onto the centre console to hide the fixing bolts.

The tiny clips are £8 each !!

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2021, 10:12:30 AM »
Honda Jazz Boot light

https://www.aurorabulbs.com/products/honda-civic-jazz-accord-18-led-replacement-oem-boot-light

A complete light fitting which just clips in as a direct replacement.
Had one for some time, which I move from to car to car.
Much brighter than the standard candle!

aphybrid

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 54.46
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar Shiny Grey
« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2021, 03:23:24 PM »
Honda Jazz Boot light

https://www.aurorabulbs.com/products/honda-civic-jazz-accord-18-led-replacement-oem-boot-light

A complete light fitting which just clips in as a direct replacement.
Had one for some time, which I move from to car to car.
Much brighter than the standard candle!

Boot light as above.

Tried this link, now not available, similar item from https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000140278040.html @ £6.44 delivered from China of course.

I did try fitting an LED bulb in place of the capless existing but found it just to hard to push home.

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2021, 04:05:03 PM »
It shouldn't be too difficult to fit. It will only work one way I think.

aphybrid

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #57 on: December 17, 2021, 07:46:26 PM »
Maybe type I got from Autobeam sold as size 501 which was fitted to Fiesta ok had a thick bayonet end but just could not physically push into place, which is tight as LED longer than capless.

It lit up OK with a little engagement but would not stay in position.

Felt possibility of breaking the cover actually!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2021, 07:49:13 PM by aphybrid »

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
« Reply #58 on: December 17, 2021, 09:56:40 PM »
...I just went to my local auto spares shop with the original bulb and asked for an led equivalent.
Mine was stamped 12v/5w - KELLY. Just bought what the chap suggested (which I didn't take a piccy of at the time can do if required) for £4.50 and fitted it. World of difference :)

aphybrid

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #59 on: December 18, 2021, 08:07:32 AM »
Thanks for all the guidance on boot lamp. The Honda holder just has much stiffer sprung connections in the holder and different space around it from Fiesta which lamp was in previously.

I live in a rural village so online shopping a godsend - local car parts 32 miles round trip, Covid restrictions, average Crosstar petrol cost £0.130/mile (3 fills - £4.16 total) so unless going to town for other items not financially sensible.

£6.44 full assembly by post

Tags:

anything