Author Topic: Window closing  (Read 5873 times)

jazzygirl

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015
Window closing
« on: November 19, 2015, 10:59:34 PM »
On a previous car, the 'plipper' key locked all doors and also closed any open windows.  My Jazz sadly did not close an open rear window on rainy day yesterday.  Luckily the passenger that opened the window told me about it as he could not get it to close with the engine turned off.  Is this correct?

JazzyB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz 1.4 Sport Manual (Japanese built)
Re: Window closing
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 11:07:51 PM »
Yes

jazzygirl

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2015, 03:19:51 PM »
Thanks for that Jazzyb!  I shall miss that feature.  I could disable fr passenger window opening on my last car .... must go see if that is a feature of this one.

bill ericay

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Civic Sport 1.8 Orchid White
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2015, 07:29:48 PM »
I haven't got a Mk3 jazz, so this is a bit of a guess, but on my 2012 Jazz you can still open /close windows  with the engine off as long as you do it within a set time - can't remember what it is off hand, but something like a minute or two. Also there is a switch on the door panel which acts as a child lock on rear window switches so that only driver can open/close rear windows. I would hope the Mk3 Jazz would retain these features, you may have to read your handbook to find out. On second thoughts , opening/closing windows after you have switched the engine off might only be for the drivers window, but I'm sitting indoors now, and it's cold outside so I'm not going to investigate further!

jazzygirl

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2015, 10:11:16 AM »
Thanks.... I have been busy with visitors and bad weather since I got new car.... must spend time alone with it !   My last car had no 'window closing with plipper' feature as my earlier one had.  As a result I left last car in airport car park for full week with drivers door fully down.... and :( heavy rain on last day.  I had had to open the window to use a carpark entry barrier but luckily had a few towels from sports bag in boot to mop up.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2015, 10:44:35 AM »
The fact that windows don't auto close may be something to do with having to leave windows lowered when an animal is in the car (or health and safety for fingers).

extract from handbook attached

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 11:02:00 AM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

jazzygirl

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2015, 06:30:33 PM »
Yes a friend with a different model Honda tells me he can activate window closing if he presses 'lock' button on keyfob a second time  a few seconds after first door closing option.  There might be reasons such as to ventilated car on hot day, maybe pet left in car etc, that you need to choose whether windows are to also close.  I tried with mine just now and no... does not work.  I need to turn on ignition to  make door control work.  Yes there is the childproof option there also.

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2015, 06:49:05 PM »
Like jazzygirl, I've just upgraded (downgraded ?) to the Jazz from a car (Renault Scenic) that closed any open windows when the lock button on the keyfob was pressed twice to activate the deadlocks. The Jazz doesn't do this. However the window switches do stay active after you've removed the key from the ignition, so provided you notice a window's open you can close it easily. I think the switches deactivate after you open the driver's door (not sure if there's a time factor as well).

Now, if they can leave the window switches "live" after taking the key out, why didn't they do that with the folding door mirrors ? Forgetting to push the fold button before taking the key out is my blind spot !

jazzygirl

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2015, 04:34:57 PM »
Thanks Colin, yes the window closing feature operate when ignition off but door unopened.

Tags: