Author Topic: Which Infotainment system skin do you use?  (Read 1661 times)

mikebore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 1.3 Mk 3 SE CVT
Which Infotainment system skin do you use?
« on: July 09, 2019, 12:24:26 PM »
When I first got my Mk3 three years ago I used the default skin for a few months, but then discovered that the other one presents the options in a more efficient way (IMHO). All, or most, options are available form a single screen. So for the last nearly three years I have been using the alternate skin.

Now (having just had a speeding ticket) I am making much more use of the limiter options, which loses the clock on the   multi-information display, so I am using the clock on the Infotainment screen more. I much prefer the clocks available in the default infotainment skin so have gone back to it.

More about skin change (not to be confused with themes) on p266 of the manual.

Ralph

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Previously owned a 2018 Jazz EX CVT
Re: Which Infotainment system skin do you use?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2019, 01:00:41 PM »
I use the alternative skin as well but mainly because I think it looks better. Might as well look good as it’s not much use for anything else!

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2019, 02:23:14 PM »
I use the alternative skin because I like the analogue clock, which is not available in the default skin.  (Why are they called skins?)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2019, 03:06:32 PM »
Why are they called skins?
I think because the function originates in video games, where you could in fact change the skin of the character you were playing.

poul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2017 1,3 Elegance Cvt Navi
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2019, 04:48:28 PM »
I use the alternate skin, it looks so much better then the original skin, not that it is fance or anything but I think it makes the system to something one can live with.

Ralph

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Previously owned a 2018 Jazz EX CVT
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2019, 05:09:29 PM »
Why are they called skins?
I think because the function originates in video games, where you could in fact change the skin of the character you were playing.

I’m no expert but I think a skin is what a manufacturer puts over the underlying android operating system to make it into a usable in car infotainment system or whatever else they want their particular product to be

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2019, 08:58:15 PM »
Isn't a skin what used to be called a GUI graphical user interface, required to give the look and control elements ( buttons and sliders etc ) required for the user to control the software...
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

mikebore

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 1.3 Mk 3 SE CVT
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2019, 11:06:54 PM »
I use the alternative skin because I like the analogue clock, which is not available in the default skin.  (Why are they called skins?)

There is actually an analogue clock in the default skin...in fact I prefer it to the spindly one in the alternative skin.

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2019, 07:50:51 PM »

There is actually an analogue clock in the default skin...in fact I prefer it to the spindly one in the alternative skin.
Interesting - I haven't found that.  P323 of my handbook says that choice of clock type is only available on the alternative skin.  I must have another look.

Tags:

anything