Author Topic: Transmission fluid on 2005 Honda jazz manual  (Read 1113 times)

LouisAnderson

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 2005 1.2 i-DSI
Transmission fluid on 2005 Honda jazz manual
« on: February 23, 2020, 03:13:56 AM »
I’ve got a 2005 1.2 Honda jazz and it seems to shudder a lot when driving away in first gear, I put it down to the engine mount to start but I’ve been reading that transmission fluid needs changed regularly? I wasn’t sure what the best sort of transmission fluid is for a manual or if it really matters, thanks

JazzMusic

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz e:HEV Exec
Re: Transmission fluid on 2005 Honda jazz manual
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2020, 09:37:59 AM »
Some says only to use Honda MTF.

The shudder may result from deposits on your MT clutch discs. Of course, the rear engine mount can induce it too but it breaks down even sooner then shudder is present.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2020, 09:47:22 AM »
https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=11032.msg70435#msg70435

I would do a tuneup on the clutch by engaging handbrake and either reverse or first gear ( depending if the wall or garage doors are in front or behind the car ) then rev engine to about 2000 and lightly slip the clutch against the handbrake for a couple of 3 to 5 second burts ( so that you can just feel it taking up the drive - do not overheat it ) - this will take some of the glaze of the clutchplate and flywheel.  I have done this more than once with different cars and it always works.  I only use the clutch to pull away and change gear,  do not 'ride the clutch' on hills without handbrake like some ( and then they wonder why they need a new clutch every 40K ) - I guess riding the clutch is the same as i recommended above, but only for a short time.... the only car I ever needed a new clutch was a Vauxhall Viva many years ago,  but i do not know what previous owners driving style was - probably a 'clutch rider'...

Some on here use Comma oil,  but for me a comma is too closely related to a full stop for comfort  :o
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 10:20:09 AM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2020, 11:20:41 AM »
I’ve been reading that transmission fluid needs changed regularly?
That is for the CVT gearbox. The manual box on the Jazz is just like any other manual gearbox. I had mine overhalled 25,000 miles ago, with new oil used and I have no intention of changing the oil again. Ever! The book says to change the manual transmission fluid every 75,000 miles, even under severe conditions.

Tags:

anything