Author Topic: My wishlist for Jazz Mk3 revision  (Read 29496 times)

doug

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 EX CVT
Re: My wishlist for Jazz Mk3 revision
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2016, 10:50:26 AM »
That gap is not necessarily a bad thing, it assists the air flow through the boot to the air outlets behind the rear bumper.

Perhaps, but it doesn't hide what is in the boot particularly well and looks like the shelf fits badly if the seat is in the upright position. If the seat could slide forward a little this would be even more apparent.

With a flap you could have the option to open it if you want the increased airflow.

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2016, 12:46:15 PM »
The flaps on the Mk 2 were annoying because of the press stud fastening, but they were a useful place to store an umbrella etc.  I can't imagine they obstructed any airflow - there was plenty of space round them.  If they had been fitted with Velcro, as the Yaris used, they would have been much easier to fasten.

Madelvic

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: EX Navi
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2016, 09:15:35 PM »
My wish list:

Louder parking sensors, without a few second delay before they work

Full size spare and cover (bought the former, made the latter)

A clutch that doesn't judder

A gear change that doesn't take huge effort to select a gear

A dealer that wants to fix problems

A floor covering that has some affiliation with carpet

A bit more oomph and an engine that actually wants to rev (like a VW or Ford triple)

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2016, 09:19:34 PM »
Louder proximity warnings are a good idea. Mine go mental when I drive into my garage but sometimes I can't hear them over the radio.

Paulwhitt20

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Various
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2016, 09:26:25 PM »
Dare I suggest one that is painted all over. Ours is an early one and it's not painted behind the fuel cap or under the bonnet.

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2016, 05:44:35 PM »
Louder parking sensors because they can't be heard over the radio!!!!? Do I need to say anymore?

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2016, 05:52:10 PM »
Louder parking sensors because they can't be heard over the radio!!!!? Do I need to say anymore?

I think we know where you are coming from ::)   how about 100watt speakers on parking sensors,  maybe they should have an off switch and volume control on the radio,  Oh they have  :o
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

andruec

• Approved Member
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2016, 07:52:16 AM »
Yes, you do. The proximity alarms are not very loud. I can comfortably hold a conversation with other people in my vehicle when my radio is on. I haven't tried but I'm pretty sure the alarms would be drowned out by normal voices.

A lot of people drive everywhere with music or other audio playing. Are you saying you expect people to switch their radio off when parking? Or are you saying that those you listen to it while driving through traffic are not entitled to the protection it provides?

Please, do explain why you consider having proximity alarms that cannot easily be heard is acceptable.

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2016, 08:18:31 AM »
I can easily hear (and see) mine with the radio on at volume 14, which is quite loud enough for me.  If I have passengers then I need to turn the radio down from that setting.

trebor1652

• Approved Member
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2016, 09:46:31 AM »
Sounds to me like some people want the technology to do it all for them, so perhaps Mr Honda should make the radio mute automatically when the proximity alarm sounds?!?!?

andruec

• Approved Member
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2016, 10:34:29 AM »
I can easily hear (and see) mine with the radio on at volume 14, which is quite loud enough for me.  If I have passengers then I need to turn the radio down from that setting.
That's higher than I have my volume set but it depends on the source.

In any case I just went out into the garage and used a sound meter app on my phone. Now obviously the absolute readings can't be trusted as we don't know how well calibrated it is. But we can reasonably rely on the relative values it reports so here goes:

Sitting in the car in the garage with nothing switched on: ~40db.
With me talking in a normal voice: ~75db.
With the radio and engine on (actually playing from my iPod): ~65db.
With just the parking sensors (easy to trigger from inside a garage) and engine going : ~50db.
With just the engine running: ~50db.

So the proximity alarms are so quiet that the sound meter doesn't register an obvious difference when they are on. It also doesn't help that one of the alarms is quite high pitched.

If you want to repeat the experiment and have an Android phone here is the link:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=kr.sira.sound&hl=en_GB

Incidentally it registers ~30db in my lounge when I'm quiet and ~45db when I'm typing on my laptop. So the proximity alarms are not much louder than my typing. That's too quiet. Now personally I can live without proximity alarms as about the only time they go off is when I park in the garage. But since they were included in the price of the vehicle I don't see why it's unreasonable to expect to be able to hear them over other sounds.

andruec

• Approved Member
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2016, 10:36:26 AM »
Sounds to me like some people want the technology to do it all for them, so perhaps Mr Honda should make the radio mute automatically when the proximity alarm sounds?!?!?
Yes, why not? Either the proximity alarms are worth hearing or else they are a stupid gimmic that 'Mr Honda' should not have bothered adding to the vehicle and that we should not have been forced to pay for. Muting the radio if it's playing (and even better routing the audio over the infotainment system) sounds like a very good way to draw the driver's attention to them.

trebor1652

• Approved Member
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2016, 10:42:32 AM »
Well this little lot proves one thing,
"You can't please all the people all of the time".

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2016, 01:27:31 PM »
Well this little lot proves one thing,
"You can't please all the people all of the time".

I am surprised that they bought a Jazz, plenty of of other cars out there, the Suzuki Baleno is better equipped, has a turbo engine, and is cheaper than the Jazz.

PrimeJAZZ

• Yob
  • Registered Member
  • My Honda: 09 Jazz Ex modified, Mugen, Spoon
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2016, 02:56:06 PM »
It's all well and good saying they are quiet and having a db meter app tell you how loud something is. But at what frequency is it being measured at?

An engine idle will have a considerably lower frequency than an alarm. The higher pitched alarm would be easier to hear so wouldn't need to be any louder than the engine.

For example bass amp manufactures will quote 100~dB at say 1watt at 1 meter at 100hz but there is a range from 30hz to 22khz that most people can hear between, so what about the rest of the range?

Tags: