Author Topic: Mk3 Steering wheel  (Read 3849 times)

Miles Right

• Approved Member
Mk3 Steering wheel
« on: January 28, 2016, 08:07:43 PM »
Does anybody have a new Jazz that has the steering wheel 'slightly' out of true? I have been told that mine is within tolerances but it is still annoying on a long 'straight' motorway.

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
Re: Mk3 Steering wheel
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 08:11:32 PM »
Stand your ground and get them to change it.
Never had a car with an out of true steering wheel.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 08:16:49 PM »
Presumably you mean that the wheel is not quite in the straight ahead position when running straight without any cross winds or heavy road camber ?
I am on my fifth jazz and they have all been the same but it is so slight that many drivers wouldn't notice it. The tyres have always worn evenly as well .

Vic.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 10:06:01 PM »
I've noticed no steering problems with my Mk 3.

Do you mean that the car drifts to one side or that the steering wheel wasn't put on straight? I would never notice a small discrepancy in the latter since I'm looking at the road, not the position of the steering wheel.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

guest5643

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2016, 11:41:09 AM »
The steering on my Jazz is slightly out of true,on a straight road if I centre the wheel the car steers to the right,not something I notice much.I had a couple of Toyota Corrola's with slight offset steering,had them checked and was assured they were within spec,the Vw polo's I had were spot on.I haven't considered having my Jazz checked because it's not much of an issue,I have driven a few makes of cars and often thought the steering was a bit "out"so if your not satisfied get them to test drive the car with you as passenger,you could drive first and centre the steering wheel to demonstrate your concerns.     

LJs JAZZ

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 es cvt
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2016, 11:50:40 AM »
Not had any issues with steering wheel on any of my Jazz models. It used to be a simple job to take off the steering wheel and move it round on the splines so that it is in line, would not fancy trying it now with airbags etc. to contend with.

guest1372

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2016, 01:35:53 AM »
No need to mess with steering wheel, this is a tracking adjustment. Sounds like it was adjusted with the steering off centre, just need them to wind both sides evenly to centre the wheel again. Proper garages fit a restraint to the steering wheel when making the adjustments.
--
TG

guest5251

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2016, 09:22:00 AM »
go to Kwik-fit or someone that use the Hunter Geometry alignment system
and get them to do a free test you will get a printout showing where
an adjustment is out of spec your delaer can't argue with the compter printout
the hunter system is as accurate as the manufacturers system
it will show the actual caster,camber, toe in , toe out for front and rear of your car.

Tags:

anything