Author Topic: Mk3 Specification in a Nutshell  (Read 21437 times)

guest4324

Re: Mk3 Specification in a Nutshell
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2015, 11:14:37 AM »
I can only agree about the German cars. I have lots of friends with BMW, AUDI, VW - the newer models are full of faults such as rear suspension failure on a 2 year old BMW, distance control failure on a 4 year old AUDI (2,500 EUR to repair!!).
Now VW have been caught out in America using manipulated software to cheat the emissions tests! They face a 18M $ fine and 500,000 cars to be recalled.
http://www.theguardian.com/business/2015/sep/18/epa-california-investigate-volkswagen-clean-air-violations

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2015, 12:46:23 PM »
I can only agree about the German cars. I have lots of friends with BMW, AUDI, VW - the newer models are full of faults such as rear suspension failure on a 2 year old BMW, distance control failure on a 4 year old AUDI (2,500 EUR to repair!!).
Now VW have been caught out in America using manipulated software to cheat the emissions tests! They face a 18M $ fine and 500,000 cars to be recalled.
$18 billion, not million. The latter would be petty cash. Those who walk or cycle along roads know that there's usually a lot more much coming out of diesel exhaust pipes than the manufacturers would like us to believe.

Given the recent experience of the banks it seems that the US regulators will be quite happy to demand more money from foreign businesses than their own. One also has to wonder how many other motor manufacturers have been fiddling the testing system and most likely the US company's cars will get extra scrutiny in Europe. We know that some cars are worse than others in having claimed mpgs that can't be matched in real life. Honda's claims are usually not too far from the real world observations.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2015, 05:03:24 PM »
Hi Guys

I'm very surprised that hardly anyone apart from me, has commented on the demise of the Glass Roof on the Mk3 Jazz, at least no one seems to agree with me.

I note that Hobo replied that it was the reason very that he did not opt for the Mk2 EX model, but surely the Glass Roof was the main reason, why anyone would buy the EX model, over the lower models.

The others features on the EX are really just additional gizmos and certainly not worth the additional cost.

I'm afraid the more I read about the MK3 Jazz,  (headlights with a mind of their own, etc) the less I like it, so it looks as though I will be sticking with my current EX Jazz, for the foreseeable future.

Many thanks to John Ratsey for his detailed reviews, this is what these forums are for.

Regards Ken T.

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2015, 05:39:53 PM »
Hi Guys

I'm very surprised that hardly anyone apart from me, has commented on the demise of the Glass Roof on the Mk3 Jazz, at least no one seems to agree with me.

I note that Hobo replied that it was the reason very that he did not opt for the Mk2 EX model, but surely the Glass Roof was the main reason, why anyone would buy the EX model, over the lower models.

The others features on the EX are really just additional gizmos and certainly not worth the additional cost.

I commented on it on the first page.   The ES Plus model was pretty well the EX without a glass roof, for around £1000 less.  The two models even had the same wheels. 

Panoramic glass roof costs around a grand as option on many cars, so you paid your money and made your choice - ES Plus or EX.

We were waiting for the HR-V (with panoramic roof) until we saw price indications around the £25K mark.  So we looked (and bought) elsewhere.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 05:42:15 PM by Rory »

guest4324

« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2015, 07:02:36 PM »
Regards my previous comment, I meant billion, I've been living here so long that I think in German and billion is milliarden!
As for the glass roof, you see hardly any here, even sunrooves are a rarity.

Hobo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Ex Mk2 Jazz, now 2020 Civic EX Auto
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2015, 12:52:34 PM »
II'm afraid the more I read about the MK3 Jazz,  (headlights with a mind of their own, etc) the less I like it,

Reading the comments by people that have purchased one I am rapidly coming to the same conclusion, as the car has been on the market in other countries for several months you would have expected Honda would have had enough feedback to make sure any problems, minor issues and supply of spares such as spare wheel etc, were ironed out before launching on the UK/European market.

I was intending to change mine in another twelve months when it would be three years old, but as the equivalent ES model appears to be a downgrade in spec from my present one I will have to seriously consider whether to stick with Honda in the future.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2015, 07:17:07 PM »
I haven't even sat in the Mk3 but if I was in the market again for a car of this size I'd probably go for the new Mazda2 which comes with a 118bhp 1.5-litre engine or the Kia Rio. I might even consider a Fiesta with the ecoboost engine.

I was always worried the Mk3 Jazz would become an also ran like the current Yaris, Micra and Colt (Mirage) have become compared to their competitive predecessors from a decade ago, but I'll reserved judgment for now until I've sat in or driven one.

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2015, 10:29:40 AM »
Re Richard's comment about "a car of this size", the key feature for me is that the Jazz is a car of a different size.  I plan to change my 7 yr old Mk II next spring, and the options are probably Golf, Astra or Jazz.  It depends on whether you want space or performance I suppose, and of course how much to spend.

guest5643

« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2015, 06:51:51 PM »
Richard,I too was tempted by the 1.5 ltr engine in the Mazda 2,also looked at the Mazda 3 2.0 ltr crossover which is based on the Mazda 2, I was very disappointed with both cars due to their lack of interior space and all round visability,although both were well equipped.As I have said in a previous post Honda should have given us the option of the 1.5 ltr fitted to the HRV and fitted to the Jazz in other markets,I find the 1.3 ltr adequate but a 1.5 ltr engine would have made the MK3 a bit more exciting to drive,if Honda ever decide to offer it I'll be at the dealers in a flash.Each to their own but although Honda don't at present offer small turbocharged engines like the Ford Ecoboost 1.0 ltr I feel this is a good thing,I prefare to have a larger turbo free, probably less stressed engine,although there were roumors of a small turbo engine for the Jazz,I won't be rushing to the dealers for that one. ;) 

guest5669

« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2015, 07:29:14 PM »
Here's a list VW engine fails on Golf range, these guys have had new engines fitted. Ive got a Tig and GTD oh dear? :o 

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=262793.msg2415133#msg2415133

Tags: