Author Topic: Mk3 Specification in a Nutshell  (Read 21388 times)

Ozzie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc
Mk3 Specification in a Nutshell
« on: September 04, 2015, 07:29:24 PM »
I was given a "specification sheet" on my visit to the Honda main dealer, and heres how it reads:

"S"
15" steel wheels
Magic Seats
CD player and DAB Radio
Bluetooth Hands Free Telephone (HFT)
City Brake Active System
Cruise Control with Speed Limiter
Rain Sensing Wipers and Dusk Sensing Lights
LED Daytime Running Lights
From £13495 (manual), £15095 (CVT)

"SE"
15" Alloy Wheels
Honda CONNECT
Front & Rear Parking Sensors
Highbeam Support System
Electric Adjustable Door Mirrors
Electric Folding Door Mirrors
Forward Collision Warning
Traffic Sign Recognition
Intelligent Speed Assist
Lane Departure Warning
From £14595 (manual), £16195 (CVT), +£610 for Navi

"EX"
16" Alloy Wheels
Smart Entry and Start
Leather Steering Wheel and Gear Knob
Automatic Air Conditioning
Rear View Camera
Rear Privacy Glass
Front Fog Lights
From £15715 (manual), £17315 (CVT), +£610 for Navi

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
Re: Mk3 Specification in a Nutshell
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2015, 08:41:12 PM »
Your dealer has added £500 on to the price of the CVT versions for the paint options other than red and orange but the manual gearbox versions are consistent with Honda UK's price list. The extra cost for the CVT option is £1,100.

For more detail of what is included I attach the relevant pages from the Jazz brochure.

[attachment deleted by admin]
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 09:15:01 PM »
don't really see the point of cruise control on a manual or in this country but it is great on an automatic in the states when your doing 800 miles per day

hate auto lights and auto wipers

also daytime running lights are mandatory for all cars from 2012 so hardly something to shout about and also they are on the mot just like front fog lights if fitted

guest907

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2015, 10:45:30 PM »
Like the speed limiter function for cruise control, My current Nissan has it but the last Jazz GE I owned only had Cruise control. I find the limiter very useful in m/way repair speed restrictions where its impossible to keep CC on but the limiter will avoid you over speeding for the average speed cameras.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2015, 07:42:48 AM »
don't really see the point of cruise control on a manual or in this country but it is great on an automatic in the states when your doing 800 miles per day

hate auto lights and auto wipers

also daytime running lights are mandatory for all cars from 2012 so hardly something to shout about and also they are on the mot just like front fog lights if fitted

Agree about the cruise control,  my wifes GE 1.4 Si has it fitted and she never uses it and I use it occasionally just for novelty value - speed limits change so frequently on UK roads that you can't go more than a few miles on non-motorway roads without messing with the cruise control.  Don't need CC on my Civic as the digital speedometer is so big, bright  and right in the line of sight at bottom edge of windscreen that there is no excuse for not keeping an eye on it.  Pity Honda don't fit this to more models.

Now that the technology is available I expect big brother will insist on electronic speed limiting (locked down to 70MPH in UK) being fitted to all cars very soon - enjoy going faster than 70 while you still can  :D.

Agree that auto lights and wipers  are just gimmicks, If you don't know when lights and wipers need to be on go and retake you test (or pay a visit to specsavers LOL).  Noticed something on the adjustable intermittent wipers on my Civic the other day,  no matter how fast they are cycling when car is moving when the car stops at junctions etc the wipers slow down to about one wipe every 10 seconds so they seem to be speed dependent (but you still have to switch them on yourself - just as I like it).
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 08:09:30 AM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Ozzie

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2015, 08:45:54 AM »
I do high motorway mileage, so I use the cruise control constantly.

I also like the auto wipers, it save pupils panicking when lorries send up spray, but not so keen on the auto lights. its not a "come get me" car but a sensible purchase . . . . . I have been browsing Golfs . . . . . I looked at them before buying the Jazz, and the cam belt cost of £700 put me off, but it is tempting me as the mpg is up around 72mpg combined, and a 50 litre tank.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2015, 09:40:57 AM »
My auto wipers have worked fine - one less thing to have to fiddle with, particularly when the rainfall intensity varies. I would,however,  ban the auto lights. Several times I have turned the light switch two clicks due to poor day time visibility and then realised after a while that the car hadn't implemented my intention to put the head lights on due to it not being dark enough.

I wait with interest to see how well the auto headlight dipping and the auto speed limit recognition work.  And, if I understand correctly, the forward collion warning uses radar then Honda could have usually added an HUD to project images onto the windscreen of what the driver can't see due to darkness or fog.

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2015, 10:15:54 AM »
Your dealer has added £500 on to the price of the CVT versions for the paint options other than red and orange but the manual gearbox versions are consistent with Honda UK's price list. The extra cost for the CVT option is £1,100.

We get so ripped off here - in the US there's no extra charge on Fit for metallic and CVT adds $800.

Also, am I reading this right - there's no panaoramic glass roof on the EX now? I can't quite believe that.

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2015, 10:49:53 AM »
I do high motorway mileage, so I use the cruise control constantly.

I also like the auto wipers, it save pupils panicking when lorries send up spray, but not so keen on the auto lights. its not a "come get me" car but a sensible purchase . . . . . I have been browsing Golfs . . . . . I looked at them before buying the Jazz, and the cam belt cost of £700 put me off, but it is tempting me as the mpg is up around 72mpg combined, and a 50 litre tank.

dont buy vw they are the worst reliable cars you can get i have had two from new and constant problems but not a thing from my two hondas i have had from new and the vw servicing costs are a joke too and who uses cam belts still lol  always chains for me from now on
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 10:51:47 AM by monkeydave »

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2015, 10:50:30 AM »

We get so ripped off here - in the US there's no extra charge on Fit for metallic and CVT adds $800.

Also, am I reading this right - there's no panaoramic glass roof on the EX now? I can't quite believe that.
Yes, no trace of the glass roof that I've seen. If you want one then look at the HRV.

And if you want a Jazz at a nice price then go to India https://www.hondacarindia.com/ownahonda/pricelist.aspx. The rupee is about 100 to the £.

One does wonder why Honda UK (and probably all of Europe) doesn't slice a bit off the price tag and get a substantial increase in sales. They would need to do it slowly, however, to avoid disgruntled owners who find that the resale values also go down.

guest5211

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2015, 01:29:54 PM »

I guess it all depends on your viewpoint, as I have a disability in my right leg/hip joint, engaging CC on any journey of moderate length, helps fight pain and fatigue.

It also reveals the fact that many drivers on motorways can't keep a constant speed, as I'm constantly being overtaken, then I overtake them as they inevitably slow down a few miles further down the road.

Reading through the spec-list of the GK, I'm disappointed there's no HIDS, as I've had them on previous cars and they're far superior to any halogens, even aftermarket bulbs.

The alloy wheels are awful and Honda continue with diamond-cut wheels, which if they're anything like the wheels on my GG6, the finish will peel off and 'corrrode', but they won't replace them under warranty....'they all do that sir.'

There's still have no interior light for the glovebox, and speaking of which, there's no glovebox cooler, like I have in my GG6...very handy for cooling drinks, or even heating a Ginster when the temp is turned up!

guest5211

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2015, 01:37:47 PM »
double post

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2015, 05:57:45 PM »
I must admit I don't use cruise control that often but, a bit like air con, once you've had it you wouldn't want to be without it.

For me it is a great way to rest the right leg. I have always struggled when doing any distance with the crampy uncomfortable feeling especially in the thigh area caused by the completely unnatural business of holding your foot in a state of tension on the accelerator and I have had this, to a greater or lesser extent, in every car I've ever owned and/or driven and I have owned and/or driven all sorts.

It's a life saver for me on the odd long journey I do and I would not countenance any car without it now.

harry22673

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2014 Honda Jazz ES Plus
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2015, 07:03:35 PM »
I must admit I don't use cruise control that often but, a bit like air con, once you've had it you wouldn't want to be without it.
This was my first car and it has cruise control so I've been kind of spoiled

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2015, 11:07:35 PM »
I have been browsing Golfs . . . . . I looked at them before buying the Jazz, and the cam belt cost of £700 put me off,

Not sure where you get that figure from - it's around £400 ish but dealers constantly seem to have £299 offers.   

Tags:

anything