Author Topic: new Rear engine Renault Twingo  (Read 2419 times)

culzean

• Approved Member
new Rear engine Renault Twingo
« on: August 30, 2014, 08:34:11 PM »
Has anyone seen the new Rear engine Renault Twingo yet - (see attached PDF photo)  is it just me or does it look more like a Fiat 500 than the Fiat 500 does ???  And the original Fiat 500 was rear engined as well.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 08:35:51 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Eddie Honda

• Approved Member
    • Jazz No1 fuel consumption
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2005 1.4i-DSI SE CVT-7 & 2006 1.4i-DSI SE CVT-7
Re: new Rear engine Renault Twingo
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 09:57:46 PM »
I haven't, but I have now. Indeed it does look like a current 500 (never driven one - but have driven a bambino and topolino)

The problem with that picture though is that it gives me very little impression of scale and for all I know it could be the size of a small house!  :P

guest4977

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 12:08:27 PM »
Talking of rear engine cars, I used to have a Fiat 126 and that was unreliable, spent a lot of time pushing that little car and bump starting it on a hill near my house.  :-[

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2014, 09:03:16 PM »
"Hardly anything like a rear-drive car. The new Twingo, by Renault’s own admission, has been tuned to be as similar to a typical front-drive city car as possible. "

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/renault/twingo/first-drives/renault-twingo-tce-90-dynamique-first-drive-review

Really? Surely they weren't expected a miniature Porsche 911?  ;D

The way the media and forums have talked up the rear engined layout of this car (and of the VW Up when VW originally planned the engine to be in the back) has been immense. 

Tags: