Author Topic: 2014 Jazz due to be shown in Tokyo in November  (Read 16776 times)

guest3418

Re: 2014 Jazz due to be shown in Tokyo in November
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2013, 07:43:18 AM »
No rust on our Chinese GD Jazz...

Verstuurd van mijn GT-N7100 met Tapatalk

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2013, 04:56:23 PM »
No rust on our Chinese GD Jazz...

for now ........

guest3418

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2013, 07:52:37 PM »
The discussion on the quality of the chinese jazz is the same as those idiotic claims that all Renaults will fail because of the electronics while VW has more electronic problems then the current Renaults...

How many cars are produced by Honda in China and how many of those are developing rust within the first 3 years? I haven't found a single solid claim other then the idiotic "me to" claims.
UK built cars have a terrible reputation here on the mainland so I could write that I wouldn't touch a piece of crap built in Swindon... A claim like that would be as truthful as the claims about the Chinese built Honda's.

monkeydave

• Approved Member
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2013, 08:25:27 PM »
The discussion on the quality of the chinese jazz is the same as those idiotic claims that all Renaults will fail because of the electronics while VW has more electronic problems then the current Renaults...

How many cars are produced by Honda in China and how many of those are developing rust within the first 3 years? I haven't found a single solid claim other then the idiotic "me to" claims.
UK built cars have a terrible reputation here on the mainland so I could write that I wouldn't touch a piece of crap built in Swindon... A claim like that would be as truthful as the claims about the Chinese built Honda's.

never buy a european car either not after the two vw's i had never ever again

monkeydave

• Approved Member
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2013, 08:27:58 PM »

never buy a european car either not after the two vw's i had never ever again

and renault are really shoddy like all french cars electrical nightmares especially the laguna

guest3418

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2013, 09:01:25 PM »
Renaults built after 2005 are not any more problematic as any other car.
Owned a 2002 Clio dci diesel which was rock solid. My 2010 Megane has been faultless with 112000km on the clock. Even the so called problematic keycard works flawlessly with keyless entry and keyless start. The Megane is stuffed to the brim with e level electronics and they just keep working without a single problem.
You only see the negative reports on forums like this. If you take the number of cars built in China and then take a look at the number of cars having issues.. I am certain that the percentage will be very low.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2013, 04:45:04 PM »

Don't know how UK built cars have managed to get a 'terrible reputation on the mainland' (us Brits call it the continent, or just 'Europe' - but that is not a compliment).  Every survey I have seen from fleet operators, J D Power, warranty companies etc. puts British built Japanese models like Avensis, Qashqai, Civic and Jazz and also Jaguar at the top,  and most European cars (except some BMW and Mercedes, but including VW) well down in the bottom half of the table, have never seen any French or Italian car above half way.  The BMW mini which is built in UK is normally near the top as well.   The truth is Britain has great workers but terrible managers, added to which our native car makers had great ideas that were engineered in the cheapest possible way and gave problems (hydrolastic suspension, great idea but very badly built),  four valve heads in the Triumph Dolomite sprint (first in a production car) which was known as the BMW Basher because it was faster.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

monkeydave

• Approved Member
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2013, 05:03:10 PM »

Don't know how UK built cars have managed to get a 'terrible reputation on the mainland' (us Brits call it the continent, or just 'Europe' - but that is not a compliment).  Every survey I have seen from fleet operators, J D Power, warranty companies etc. puts British built Japanese models like Avensis, Qashqai, Civic and Jazz and also Jaguar at the top,  and most European cars (except some BMW and Mercedes, but including VW) well down in the bottom half of the table, have never seen any French or Italian car above half way.  The BMW mini which is built in UK is normally near the top as well.   The truth is Britain has great workers but terrible managers, added to which our native car makers had great ideas that were engineered in the cheapest possible way and gave problems (hydrolastic suspension, great idea but very badly built),  four valve heads in the Triumph Dolomite sprint (first in a production car) which was known as the BMW Basher because it was faster.

yup vw in spain have got to be put together by monkeys they are terrible

i love my swindon built jazz, no problems with it and also the civic i had before it not a single problem both cars build in swindon

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2013, 08:25:23 PM »
I have driven a number of different downsized turbocharged engines and the keep me amazed. The 1.2 engines from VW and Renault are very nice and the ford 3 cylinder ecoboost is a lovely engine as well. Honda must be able to make a reliable and wonderful 3 cylinder engine.

The 85bhp 1.2-litre four cylinder turbo in the Audi A1 is fantastic. It 'feels' quicker than the Jazz's 1.4 100bhp naturally aspirated engine.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2013, 08:28:19 PM »
the steel used in china made fits/jazz is garbage you should read this

http://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-present/76980-if-you-own-chinese-made-fit-you-should-read.html

i wouldn't touch any car built there

Canada and northern United States have far harsher winters than us.

All our GE's come from either Japan or Swindon.

guest3170

« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2013, 07:56:18 AM »
My Jazz was made in China. It's also probably fair to say we have rather harsh (and long) winters. Almost 1 year on and no rust yet (I checked last night after reading that thread) but I'll keep an eye on it. On the whole the car feels well put together, nothing rattling or falling off so far.

My previous Swindon built Civic came with a badly fitted and adjusted tailgate that touched the rear bumper on closing and removed the paint. I wouldn't avoid Swindon built cars on that basis though...

guest5019

« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2014, 07:51:28 AM »
I have seen some topics calling this Honda Jazz of year 2015 version, but here in China, the car is already available, and some car accessories even make the daytime running light...

Hobo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Ex Mk2 Jazz, now 2020 Civic EX Auto
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2014, 12:53:14 PM »
I have seen some topics calling this Honda Jazz of year 2015 version, but here in China, the car is already available, and some car accessories even make the daytime running light...
Hi,

It is a legal requirement in the UK that new models of cars on sale in the UK now have to have daytime running lights fitted as standard, so they will not be an accessory here.

Tags: