Author Topic: 2014 Jazz due to be shown in Tokyo in November  (Read 16779 times)

csp

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Average 63 mpg
  • My Honda: Platinum White Jazz e:HEV SR 2020

chrisc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 manual
Re: 2014 Jazz due to be shown in Tokyo in November
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 06:12:53 AM »
Interesting.  Sounds a bit like the manufacturing change from Golf 5 to Golf 6.  This used a scalable platform and the new model consequently cost VW less to build than a Golf 5, without changing very much at all.

Certainly the picture in that press release showed a car immediately identifiable as a Jazz, but there must be some internal revisions, and hopefully, improvements
If music be the food of love, play on

guest1272

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 02:27:45 AM »
I'm hoping they're keeping their cards close to their chest because to my eye, that piccie looks exactly like the current car - I think they may change the looks like they did from GD to GE.

I also hope they offer more engines in their lineup. How about a 1.5 "Type R" version alongside a more frugal 1.3litre diesel ----- or maybe a 3 pot 1.0 litre giving the same performance as the current 1.34 but a crapload more mpg (I look at the new Ford ecotec engine with interest, hoping that Honda will copy it :))

Sent from my iThingy using Tapathingy

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 07:28:15 PM »
I look at the new Ford ecotec engine with interest, hoping that Honda will copy it

whoaaaa, hold your horses, asking Honda to copy a Ford engine - that could be classed as treason on this site

* Price: From £17,745 (base model)
* Engine: 999cc, 3cyl petrol
* Power: 123bhp
* Transmission: Six-speed manual, front-wheel drive
* 0-62mph/top speed: 11.3 seconds/120mph
* Economy/CO2: 56.5mpg/114g/km

Auto Express said that hills and any load really showed up the cars weakness,  with several down-changes needed and the engine needed revving to make good progress (that means the 56mpg is probably nearer 40 straightaway).  And 0-60 in 11.3 seconds is about the same as Jazz GE, hardly a rocket-ship. If you add in the complication of a Turbo it isn't that revolutionary or desirable.

Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 12:16:56 PM »
£17k is civic money

3 cylinder engines with a turbo  = no thanks

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 02:56:08 PM »
£17k is civic money

You're right it is Civic money,  and with a Civic 1.8 iVtec I get mid 40's mpg  and 0-60 in less than 8.5 seconds. Sure the Ford engine Co2 emissions are about 20 g/km lower,  but 114 g/km still won't get you free road tax or into London congestion charge area for nowt.  And i'm sure 1,4 Jazz will do better than low 40's on the same mixed mileage, with only 10g/km Co2  more (and with probably same or more room inside than Focus and proven bulletproof reliability)..

One tester said, -

"A quoted combined economy of 56.5mpg is certainly knocking on the door of the eco-diesels, but, during my week-long test over several-hundred very mixed miles, I saw around the early-40mpg on the comprehensive in-dash readout".
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 03:01:27 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2013, 01:49:33 PM »
I look at the new Ford ecotec engine with interest, hoping that Honda will copy it

whoaaaa, hold your horses, asking Honda to copy a Ford engine - that could be classed as treason on this site

* Price: From £17,745 (base model)
* Engine: 999cc, 3cyl petrol
* Power: 123bhp
* Transmission: Six-speed manual, front-wheel drive
* 0-62mph/top speed: 11.3 seconds/120mph
* Economy/CO2: 56.5mpg/114g/km

Auto Express said that hills and any load really showed up the cars weakness,  with several down-changes needed and the engine needed revving to make good progress (that means the 56mpg is probably nearer 40 straightaway).  And 0-60 in 11.3 seconds is about the same as Jazz GE, hardly a rocket-ship. If you add in the complication of a Turbo it isn't that revolutionary or desirable.

11.3 seconds to 62mph is pretty poor for 123bhp. The 1.6 without turbo dips under ten seconds.

The Audi A1 1.4 four cylinder turbo has the same power but is quicker.

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk 2

bucksfizz

• Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2013, 04:57:58 PM »
To make the forthcoming Jazz a best seller in its Group Honda should  install their latest 1.6i-DTEC engine.This diesel engine is getting rave reviews in the Honda Civic Forum.With 118bhp in the new Civic, weighing in at 1487kgs(my EX Jazz is 1112 kgs) it is giving customers with barely run in engines,MPG figures in the lower to middle 70's MPG!A new and rare feature in competitive cars is a Noise Cancellation System which feeds a 'corrected 'noise pattern through the car's speakers.Another 'Gold'selling point in France and Spain only at present, is a one million kilometres(620,000 miles)guarantee on this engine and its ancillary parts.
 Since the CO2 factor is well under the 100gm/kilo at 94gm/kilo there is no Road Tax to pay and Londoners can roam freely around their Congestion Zone without incurring any expense or penalty.
 Driving a 1.4 petrol engine now  I miss the low down torque of my last 1.8 diesel engine so  I will start saving ,hopefully for a 2014 Jazz 1.6i-DTEC .

guest3418

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2013, 05:03:51 PM »
Sure hope that you can attach a towbar on the automatic version and that it is a cvt!
A cvt with a 1000kg towing capacity would be what makes the new Jazz worthwhile for us.
The GE Jazz is a no go for us because you can't install a towbar on the cvt version.

Verstuurd van mijn GT-N7100 met Tapatalk

monkeydave

• Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2013, 05:24:22 PM »
too expensive and not made in the uk

it will flop as everyone will just get a civic, unless the civic will touch the £20k band

guest3418

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2013, 06:03:55 PM »
Well I don't know if it not being made in the UK is a bad thing... Was the Jazz ever built in the UK?

monkeydave

• Approved Member
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2013, 08:32:30 PM »
Well I don't know if it not being made in the UK is a bad thing... Was the Jazz ever built in the UK?

it is built in the uk in swindon, i would only buy if it is build here or japan, i would not buy if built in china or eastern europe or spain

but it will be too expensive for what it is with a turbo and 3 cylinders for £17k so overpriced and civic money

next one for me will be a yaris 1.33 but that is a long time off and things might change
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 08:37:08 PM by monkeydave »

monkeydave

• Approved Member
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2013, 08:37:41 PM »

it is built in the uk in swindon, i would only buy if it is build here or japan, i would not buy if built in china or eastern europe or spain

but it will be too expensive for what it is with a turbo and 3 cylinders for £17k so overpriced and civic money

guest3418

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2013, 09:10:54 PM »
The Jazz had been built in China for quite a number of years. As long as the quality control is carried out by qualified people there isn't an issue. Honda has that sorted out very well.
I rather have something built in China when the quality control is strict then something built in Europe with lousy quality control for example.
The price for a Jazz had always been high but it is justified for me because of the practicality of the car. It is more practical then a Golf for example.
A 3 cylinder turbo isn't an issue. I rather have a nice 3 cylinder turbo with a lot of torque then a 4 cylinder atmospheric engine which has to be revved to bits to get any torque.
I have driven a number of different downsized turbocharged engines and the keep me amazed. The 1.2 engines from VW and Renault are very nice and the ford 3 cylinder ecoboost is a lovely engine as well. Honda must be able to make a reliable and wonderful 3 cylinder engine.

monkeydave

• Approved Member
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2013, 09:22:05 PM »
the steel used in china made fits/jazz is garbage you should read this

http://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-present/76980-if-you-own-chinese-made-fit-you-should-read.html

i wouldn't touch any car built there

Tags: