Author Topic: Seat adjustment  (Read 2098 times)

guest7677

Seat adjustment
« on: May 16, 2018, 07:47:21 PM »
Can anyone help with seat adjustment? I've spent ages trying to get a comfortable position - lumbar support is okay - not great but manageable, but whatever I do, the seat squab itself is always too low for my legs - a gap of several inches. It is a bit like sitting on a bench and fine for short trips but I don't fancy anything lengthy. Mention is made elsewhere and on a very old post about raising the front rails which might solve the problem - is that something easily achieved on the Mk3?

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
Re: Seat adjustment
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 07:50:15 PM »
Have you pumped the seat up with the handle to the right of the seat

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

guest7677

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 07:59:59 PM »
Yes, but it doesn't alter the height at the front of the seat.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2018, 09:23:59 AM »
Can't offer a solution but I do know what you mean. On all the cars I've had the height adjustment just seem to raise the back of the seat. This often means that the angle of seat becomes flatter and, therefore, does not support the area under the thigh.

In the Jazz it's not a problem for me personally but I can see that it might be.

guest7642

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2018, 09:34:58 AM »
Can't offer a solution but I do know what you mean. On all the cars I've had the height adjustment just seem to raise the back of the seat. This often means that the angle of seat becomes flatter and, therefore, does not support the area under the thigh.

In the Jazz it's not a problem for me personally but I can see that it might be.

I have often though that - seat height adjustment in many cars is actually seat base rake adjustment...
I am lucky in that I can be comfy on almost anything as long as there is some lumbar support.

Tim

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2018, 11:55:42 AM »
I am lucky in that I can be comfy on almost anything as long as there is some lumbar support.
Several years back, a fellow Australian picked me up from the Ghan just outside Coober Pedy in the middle of the night.  As he rolled up his swag, I asked him if he slept ok.  He replied: "Me mate, I could sleep on a barbed wire fence".

Tags: