Author Topic: e:NY1 driven  (Read 3858 times)

FMIB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
Re: e:NY1 driven
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2023, 09:47:05 AM »
It doesn't make sense to buy a new EV at the moment with second hand values so depressed, it's possible to get a 2 year old Tesla with low miles for the same price as a new Crosstar so I can't see many forking out £45K+ for this new Honda EV.

Absolutely, the bottom fell out of the EV market over the past few months. I think my Honda E would have depreciated by up to 50% over the past 11 months had I held on to it.

One big issue with charging EV's that's rarely discussed is the fact that most charging points, be that home or public have zero weather protection. I don't see that changing quickly any time soon. 
The charging capability for the new Honda is significantly below par

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2023, 10:12:10 AM »
Might I suggest that this thread be moved to the "Other Honda" section? The subject is nothing to do with the Mk4 Jazz.
I tend to agree.  But Mk4 owners are the ones most likely  to be interested in buying a larger or EV alternative . For Mk1,2 and 3 owners the logical next step may be a mk4,  in which case they will probably read the mk 4 forum,and maybe some will be inspired to jump straight from mk1 Jazz to eNY1 .   

If details of the eNY1 is in a different section some  may never read it. 

« Last Edit: August 01, 2023, 10:21:04 AM by Lord Voltermore »
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Karoq

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Was HR-V e:HEV. 7 Hondas owned in the past. Currently CR-V SR. 2022 E:HEV
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2023, 10:17:47 AM »
It doesn't make sense to buy a new EV at the moment with second hand values so depressed, it's possible to get a 2 year old Tesla with low miles for the same price as a new Crosstar so I can't see many forking out £45K+ for this new Honda EV.
[/quote That's why I bought a 1 owner vey low mileage eNiro 71 reg for £29,950 with excellent p/x of my CR-V. More than cheapest Tesla  range for a half the price and the Niro won't break down! BTW.. Niro acceleration from rest is fearsome, with no tyre 'gobbling' and it is still running at 306 miles per charge and 5.2mpKW and I am no slouch! pure urban driving could get 320 miles.
It will be interesting to see how all these figure collapse in the winter :o
Dip Mech Eng (automotive)

Whiteshark

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk 4 jazz Hybrid EX Chrystal Red
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2023, 10:31:24 AM »
I would be very interested to see the sales make up for electric cars as the incentives are highly loaded towards businesses, self -employed, leasing. This means significant cost savings for these owners and many arguments made here, which I agree with, aren’t necessarily relevant. This of course is one reason for high depreciation, because Joe Public is resisting, with good reason. In the right circumstances electric cars work for some, but there are many new technological developments in train, particularly batteries that could be game changers in future.
I’ll just stick to where I am now for the present thank you.

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2023, 10:45:48 AM »
I would be very interested to see the sales make up for electric cars as the incentives are highly loaded towards businesses, self -employed, leasing. This means significant cost savings for these owners and many arguments made here, which I agree with, aren’t necessarily relevant. This of course is one reason for high depreciation, because Joe Public is resisting, with good reason. In the right circumstances electric cars work for some, but there are many new technological developments in train, particularly batteries that could be game changers in future.
I’ll just stick to where I am now for the present thank you.

Totally agree with Whiteshark, have just traded in my EX for an Advance, which will probably be my last car anyway, well I am 86 ;D ;D

Tags:

anything