Author Topic: Door mirror squeaks when opening and closing  (Read 59215 times)

Lincolnshire Rambler

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz mk4
Re: Door mirror squeaks when opening and closing
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2024, 08:37:55 PM »
Many components are provided by sub contractors who work to a design and specification . It’s the case that the brake simulation part will be too. While Honda provide the operating parameters it could be the subcontractors design -as they are likely to be a niche expert - just as light units are as another example . Alloy wheels are only made by a couple of manufacturers. Each sub contractor carries outbtheir QC QA checks audited by Honda . A batch of rubber o rings it’s a likely cause of the failure of the brake simulator IMHO rather than a rushed into production half thought out design. Millions of cars used airbags which had a defective actuation mechanism across most manufacturers but the car builders had to sort the replacements ..

BROC

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: MY24 ZR-V Advance
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2024, 09:05:19 PM »
It's inevitable things will go wrong with complex products like modern cars; what matters is how the dealers and manufacturers handle the issue.

If Honda get their act together by informing car owners what the scope & extent of this problem is (year of manufacture, models and VIN of cars affected) and what they intend doing about it, they could preserve their reputation for product quality & reliability.

It can take years to build a reputation, and moments to destroy it.

JJazz

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Exiled Scot
  • My Honda: 2023 Honda Jazz EX in midnight blue beam metallic
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2024, 04:49:50 PM »
After investigation on Tuesday it needs a new part like I said when booking it on. They need to contact Honda for new part and contact me to fit

JJazz

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Exiled Scot
  • My Honda: 2023 Honda Jazz EX in midnight blue beam metallic
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2024, 02:42:37 PM »
After investigation on Tuesday it needs a new part like I said when booking it on. They need to contact Honda for new part and contact me to fit

Part replaced last week.

Tags:

anything