Author Topic: Buying Advice - Jazz Advance  (Read 23309 times)

embee

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz SE CVT
Re: Buying Advice - Jazz Advance
« Reply #75 on: Today at 12:34:22 PM »
For me it's not an anti-Honda issue per se, it's simply the way they have made a very clear strategic decision to treat their UK customers badly regarding what is documented (by Honda themselves) as a latent manufacturing defect of a major functional system assembly. They know that after 3 or 4 years a very significant number of the affected units will very probably fail and they expect the customer to pick up a very big bill to fix an otherwise useless car, undriveable unless repaired.
Sorry,  not my idea of good customer service. The solution is in their hands, their choice if they wish to maintain their UK market.
I like my mk.3 and intend to keep it,  I'll not be buying a new Honda while the status quo persists.

ninanina

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
« Reply #76 on: Today at 02:11:05 PM »
That was my thinking embee

I’m actually quite annoyed also that my local dealer has still not been in contact with me after I had a test drive last week

I just wonder if Honda are going to pull out of the UK?  I certainly don’t see many new cars about

nomis

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: MY24 Jazz Advance Sport Platinum White Pearl
« Reply #77 on: Today at 04:05:05 PM »
That was my thinking embee

I’m actually quite annoyed also that my local dealer has still not been in contact with me after I had a test drive last week

I just wonder if Honda are going to pull out of the UK?  I certainly don’t see many new cars about

I was in a similar position a year ago. The sales manager at my local Honda dealer was rather arrogant and not at all interested in cutting a deal even when I showed him I could get a better price elsewhere. In the end I used Carwow and took the best deal on offer.

I placed the order directly over the phone with the dealer who made the offer. He then emailed me a copy of the order form to check and sign. It really couldn't have been any easier, though it was a cash sale with no part-ex. The car was delivered to my home by trailer free of charge despite the dealer being 150 miles away.

I'd recommend using Carwow or another broker even if you go with Toyota or Renault. The discounts on those brands are crunchier than Honda and you can still use your local dealer for servicing and warranty repairs. Buying over the phone also places the purchase under the distance selling rules, so you could return the car within 14 days of receiving it for a full refund if you didn't like it. Just make sure to pay by bank transfer or a cheque in the post, and have the car delivered. If you visit the dealer to sign a contract, pay in person, or collect the car then the distance selling rules no longer apply.

I agree about the dearth of Mk4 Jazzes on the road. I've only seen 3 in my area since I started looking over a year ago. The price has to be a factor. I bought an Advance Sport and the list price with metallic paint now tops £30k. That's a lot of dough for a small car. Both the Yaris and Clio are significantly cheaper. A friend also noticed that the Jazz was pulled from the list of models available under the Motability scheme in April which won't help matters.

ninanina

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
« Reply #78 on: Today at 05:28:54 PM »
I wonder why or how dealers can be so bad and still be in business?

Price wise there’s nothing in it between the Advance and a top spec Yaris

Apparently new car sales are not very good at the moment

If my local Toyota dealer shows the same disdain then I will not buy from them either.  However I am a customer of them already so I expect to be treated ok

Tags:

anything