Author Topic: Part numbers for Clutch Master and Slave Cylinder on GD1  (Read 4942 times)

Flow

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 03 1.3 Manual
Part numbers for Clutch Master and Slave Cylinder on GD1
« on: February 10, 2018, 03:46:43 AM »
Hi Folks,

Trying to find the details for these parts for a 2004 Jazz. GD1 It is quite hard to find resources for these non US models.
JHMGD17304S242016

culzean

• Approved Member
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 10:38:56 AM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Flow

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
Re: Part numbers for Clutch Master and Slave Cylinder on GD1
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 11:31:37 AM »
Nice one! Are there any suppliers that do not charge 150 GBP to ship to New Zealand? The UK used to very reasonable to ship to NZ from. Maybe a less online focused outlet that I could call up and do the deal on the phone to use Royal Mail?

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2018, 11:52:50 AM »
Nice one! Are there any suppliers that do not charge 150 GBP to ship to New Zealand? The UK used to very reasonable to ship to NZ from. Maybe a less online focused outlet that I could call up and do the deal on the phone to use Royal Mail?

Do you get same model Jazz as Australia (with 1.5 engine) ?  Maybe try some AU sites.....

http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/vehicle-search/parts-guide

I don't really know - put the New Zealand flag on your profile and we will know - If you wait till after Brexit trade UK-NZ will be much better  ;D
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 12:15:36 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2018, 05:19:31 PM »
You could try some of the sellers on eBay, they are often the cheapest source of parts in the UK anyway.

Some will ship to NZ, some don't, but I just had a check and easily found a few that will at reasonable cost. For example, GSF list on eBay and charge £17.21 for small parts to NZ, they also have a website

https://www.gsfcarparts.com/

Not sure what the customs duty arrangements are into New Zealand, but you might want to check if there will be any additional costs at your end. I know from experience that it can add quite a bit to the cost when you are importing into the UK from non-EU countries.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2018, 07:15:44 PM »
Have you tried just getting seal kits / refurbishment kits for the master and slave cylinders ?  Are the cylinders beyond repair ?

Flow

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2018, 08:38:07 AM »
Thanks all.

I have found the OEM part numbers from here:
https://www.parts-honda.uk/honda-cars/JAZZ/2004/12-S/STEERING-BRAKE-SUSPENSION/CLUTCH-MASTER-CYLINDER-RH-/17SAA401/B__2321/4/21680
https://www.parts-honda.uk/honda-cars/JAZZ/2004/14-S/STEERING-BRAKE-SUSPENSION/CLUTCH-MASTER-CYLINDER-RH-/17SAA401/B__2321/4/21686

Clutch damper 46985-SAA-013
Slave cylinder 46930-SAA-013
Master cylinder 46920-SAA-J06 1.4, J03 1.2

Now just need to find some where with reasonable shipping.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2018, 09:59:46 AM »
Dare I ask, why are you wanting to replace everything? What are the symptoms?

Also, genuine parts for this lot are not going to be cheap. There is nothing wrong with aftermarket parts of this type, so long as you stick to known suppliers like Delphi, Lockheed, BluePrint, etc., especially on a 14 year old car. In fact 'BluePrint' are in most cases OEM parts.

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2018, 02:40:25 PM »
2nd the reliability of Blue Print parts, good suggestion.

Flow

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2018, 08:39:14 PM »
Thanks for the heads up on the Delphi, Lockheed, BluePrint OEQ manufactures:

It has a major slave cylinder leak, and thanks to some numpty mechanic in the field putting engine oil into the system I would wager the master cylinder seals are now not far behind.

Are there any rubber expendable parts in the clutch damper or is it just a spring loaded needle valve?
If it is also capable of leaking has anyone run the flexible hose directly to the master cylinder after swapping out the banjo fittings?

The best price I could get on original Honda here in NZ is;

Clutch damper 46985-SAA-013 $115NZD $83USD 60GBP
Slave cylinder 46930-SAA-013 $104NZD $75USD 54GBP
Master cylinder 46920-SAA-J06 $311NZD $225USD 163GBP

Flow

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2018, 05:19:14 AM »
These guys (see attached pic) do 10GBP shipping internationally via DHL but the question is are those brands just hardened Plasticine? Pagid for the master and Aisin for the slave cylinder  :-\

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 05:44:32 AM by Flow »

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2018, 06:49:16 AM »
Why don't you just buy a set of seals? They could be stuck in a padded envelope and sent air mail. Quick, much cheaper and you can buy named brand parts.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2018, 09:07:22 AM »
If the slave cylinder bore and piston look otherwise okay, I think I would be tempted to go for the seal kits too. The reason we don't bother so much over here resealing and reconditioning parts is that seal kits aren't much cheaper than complete aftermarket replacement parts.

Personally, if the engine oil hasn't been in too long, I would flush all the fluid out NOW, and replace or reseal the slave cylinder, see how you go. Most modern rubbers are pretty resilient to oils, short term. If the engine oil has been in there a while, you may well have problems though, as you say.

The clutch damper is only there to soften the pedal feel and sometimes to prevent clutch chatter, particularly on cars with this type of external slave cylinder. Normally, you can do without them quite happily, and some remove them intentionally to take some of the mushy feel out of the clutch pedal. I haven't had this Jazz long, and to be honest, I didn't realise the Jazz had one.

There are various types of damper, but the Jazz one looks like a sprung plunger type, so there will be piston seals or a rubber diaphragm in there. They are simple devices though, you should be able to dismantle it, clean it and check the condition of the rubbers. If all else fails, try removing it altogether, or just remove the innards.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 09:14:54 AM by sparky Paul »

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2018, 09:13:19 AM »
I haven't had this Jazz long, and to be honest, I didn't realise the Jazz had one.
I don't think the UK models do. They were an addition for North America where those used to driving automatics  found it easier to get smooth clutch control. It is not shown or referred to in the Haynes manual.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2018, 09:16:26 AM »
I have seen them listed specifically for 07-08 models, hang on and I'll go an have a look see if there's one on ours....

Yes, my Chinese built 08 GE3 has a damper, it's mounted on the nearside chassis leg, behind the gearbox. No idea about earlier models, but you're right Jocko, no mention of it whatsoever in Haynes.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 09:35:54 AM by sparky Paul »

Tags:

anything