Author Topic: I-shift gear oil  (Read 2114 times)

coffeecup

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.4 i vtec i-shift
I-shift gear oil
« on: January 19, 2018, 01:56:45 PM »
At what mileage should i change the gear oil in my i-shift jazz ??

geoffchats

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX Navi
Re: I-shift gear oil
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 02:02:00 PM »
I was told that it never HAS to be done but I did mine, with the correct Honda fluid, at 55,000 miles. Made no difference whatsoever but as I had no problems I guess I shouldn't have expected anything!

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 02:59:10 PM »
I was told that it never HAS to be done but I did mine, with the correct Honda fluid, at 55,000 miles. Made no difference whatsoever but as I had no problems I guess I shouldn't have expected anything!

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

The i-shift is a standard manual gearbox and clutch that has been 'automated' - unlike the CVT which is a continuously variable system of pulleys and belts.   The CVT has special fluid that needs changing every 25,000 miles but the i-shift has normal manual transmission gear oil and is changed every 70,000, same as the manual Jazz. 
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest5079

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2018, 11:07:41 AM »
The hand book states 6 yrs or as Culzean says 70000 miles. I had mine done at 6 yrs and it took less than 2 litres of Honda MTF-3 which cost £10.08 a litre fro Cox. Somewhere in a post an alternative oil has been suggested.

Tags:

anything