Author Topic: Electric windows fault master switch  (Read 3702 times)

guest7241

Electric windows fault master switch
« on: November 18, 2017, 10:05:40 AM »
Hi, I'm new here, I'm looking at buying a 2nd hand Honda jazz 04 1.4 but there is an issue with the electric windows driver master switch,  the drivers window will not go down at all, both passengers side windows do and the driver side passengers wont from the front switch but will from the switch on driver side passengers door. Can anyone advise if this is just a switch issue or if likely be more and any remedies so if i do buy it then can fix it without costing a fortune, has not been working for roughly 3 months.

Thanks.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Electric windows fault master switch
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 10:10:12 AM »
Honda issued a recall on window switches. I just had mine replaced, by Honda, free of charge, on my 56 plate GD5.

guest7241

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 10:29:10 AM »
waiting to hear from seller if has already been recalled or not but if has still need to fix the issue.

guest5079

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2017, 12:02:53 PM »
If you can access the Vin number. go onto Honda website and under recalls enter the Vin number it will tell you or should if there is an outstanding recall on the car. If there is then as already stated Honda will replace the switch for free

guest1372

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2017, 01:01:52 PM »
If you can't get a new one via recall, it won't be difficult to swap it for a salvage part.  As you mentioned both front & rear offside windows won't work from the driver's door switch I just checked the wiring diagram in case there was a common connection in the switch matrix that may be at fault.  It appears that there isn't externally, so the fault should lie within the master window switch unit.  It is possible that the fault is something else but the driver's door controls seem most likely. 

Holding the window switch in the close position for an extra couple of seconds after it has reached the top resets the one touch close function if you have disconnected the unit or replaced it.

The power windows section of the manual linked below may help.
--
TG

http://www.hondafitjazz.com/body_windows_wipers.html
http://www.hondafitjazz.com/manual/A00/HTML/00/SAA2E00000000000000EBAT00i008.HTML

Tags: