Author Topic: Is it a car or van?  (Read 5342 times)

guest1372

Re: Is it a car or van?
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2017, 06:09:13 PM »
If they add a hybrid to the current range, then, along with the 1.3 engine and the new 1.5, they will have a formidable lineup.
It exists in other territories, and even has a trick 7 speed dual clutch gearbox which can decouple the EV from the ICE, whereas the Mk2 Hybrid would still turn the ICE when using EV mode.  The predicted sales are probably too low to make importing it worthwhile.
--
TG

[attachment deleted by admin]

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2017, 10:19:42 PM »
But you realise, if you are a Jazz owner, what you'd be missing out on. We've talked about the flexible and convenient load carrying aspect but there are no other small cars with such a huge cabin. The legroom in the back is fantastic even with the front seats pushed all the way back (and even as 6 footer I don't need to do that).
I think at 6 ft you might find you need the front seat all the way back in the Mk3 Jazz, but it has even more room in the rear.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2017, 10:25:34 PM »
I didn't need the seat all the way back in the Mk 3 I had a loan of, and I am over 6 ft.

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2017, 08:32:03 AM »
I didn't need the seat all the way back in the Mk 3 I had a loan of, and I am over 6 ft.
One disadvantage of the Mk2 was the silly 'sky light'. I never used it because it caused dashboard glare and the 'open' roof annoyed me but it also took away a chunk of headroom for rear passengers. That's something I'm glad they dropped.

Skyrider

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2017, 10:11:29 AM »

I am 6' tall and need the drivers seat right back, it all depends on where the majority of the 6' is, I have long legs.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2017, 10:32:59 AM »
Yes. That makes a difference. I am neither one thing or the other.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2017, 11:05:41 AM »
Yes. That makes a difference. I am neither one thing or the other.

I am taller than many 6 footers when sitting,  but I need a low seat on my motorbike.  My head gets close to roof in cars.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2017, 11:24:20 AM »
My wife has short legs and a long body. My ex, on the other hand, at exactly the same height, had great long legs and a short body. We are all different.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2017, 08:53:55 PM »
I'm 6 foot but my legs are short - that could be the issue. The other thing is I like a sit up and beg type driving position and the Jazz has that. In fact I am probably 2 or 3 notches from fully back and in the fully back position it is a stretch to fully depress the clutch.

guest6630

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2017, 09:19:32 PM »
In reply to anduec l loved the panoramic roof in my MK2 and was vey disappointed when they dopped it. One thing that nobody has mentioned is the bloody awful door handles on the MK2 (always ripping your fingernails off especially when wet) the handles are so much better on the MK3.

Tags:

anything