Author Topic: Loose plug  (Read 2019 times)

finn_mccool

• Approved Member
    • The Camper Vansit
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.4i-DSI SE Sport
Loose plug
« on: October 18, 2017, 06:24:16 PM »
Changing nearside headlight bulb today I noticed this unconnected plug hanging there, and it feeds off the main lighting loom.

I swear I didn't see it when I changed sidelight bulb earlier in the year.  Everything there also seems to be working too.

Any ideas?

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 07:49:23 PM by finn_mccool »

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
Re: Loose plug
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 06:39:24 PM »
Can't see the pictures, but on a slightly different tack,
The general consensus is to change both headlight bulbs and keep the 'old' as a spare, the thinking being a new and old bulb  could look a different colour.
Well that's what I was always told.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 07:01:59 PM »
Filament bulbs get dimmer as they age because the filament 'evaporates' and coats the inside of glass envelope with 'dark matter' (Stephen Hawkings should investigate).

The hanging plug could be for fog-lights - what sort of plug is it and what would it reach ?
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

finn_mccool

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
    • The Camper Vansit
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2017, 07:50:53 PM »
Can't see the pictures, but on a slightly different tack,
The general consensus is to change both headlight bulbs and keep the 'old' as a spare, the thinking being a new and old bulb  could look a different colour.
Well that's what I was always told.

I may get a new pair and do them both.  I just wanted it changed as I can't bear to be that driver with only one functioning headlight, particularly as it's getting darker!

finn_mccool

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
    • The Camper Vansit
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2017, 07:54:10 PM »
Filament bulbs get dimmer as they age because the filament 'evaporates' and coats the inside of glass envelope with 'dark matter' (Stephen Hawkings should investigate).

The hanging plug could be for fog-lights - what sort of plug is it and what would it reach ?

Not for the foglights - they're separately fed.  Pictures now above.

guest1372

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2017, 05:20:24 PM »
Looks dirty so been unplugged for a while, so long as you are sure you've got indicator/side/dipped/full all working.  Climate control air temp and horn wires are on the driver's side.  Could be a driving/fog lamp feed but these Hondas don't often include wires in the loom that aren't going to be used unless they are for a dealer fit accessory.  The blade connections are common on lights and it looks like a reasonably high current plug so suspect lighting of some sort but have you checked the height adjustment motors still operate that side?  If you can identify wiring colours we can identify it from the wiring diagram.  http://www.hondafitjazz.com/manual/A00/HTML/00/SAA2E00000000000000EBAT00i004.HTML

red/yellow > red/white, red/blue = low beam, high beam
red/black > black = sidelight
yellow > blue/black = height adjuster

Had the front off a top spec Mazda 3 a few days back and surprised at how many spare plugs that had dangling in the breeze.
--
TG

finn_mccool

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
    • The Camper Vansit
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2017, 04:23:32 PM »
Good point on height adjustment - will check.

finn_mccool

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
    • The Camper Vansit
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2017, 11:28:44 AM »
Yep - motor not working on that side.  Will sort when I put new pair of bulbs in.

Cheers all.

Tags:

anything