Author Topic: New Honda Jazz owner  (Read 3305 times)

guest7155

New Honda Jazz owner
« on: September 26, 2017, 07:50:33 AM »
Hi Everyone, I am new to Honda ownership. Last Thursday, I bought a 2011 Honda Jazz EX CVT AUTOMATIC.
So far I am very pleased with it, just reading the user manual finding where everything is and what it does.

I decided to buy a Honda for their reputation of being reliable, I sincerely hope that my purchase does not disappoint.

Is there anything I need to know about them, anything I need to look out for.

The only thing I am finding at the moment is, the drivers seat is not that comfortable, any solutions to this, how do others find this.

Is there a Radio / CD / Sat nav, which could be a straight transfer from the standard Radio / CD ?

Apart from that, hope to be a very happy Honda Jazz owner for many years 😊

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: New Honda Jazz owner
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 08:52:01 AM »
Welcome. Woody. A CVT requires the transmission oil changed at the prescribed intervals and ONLY use the Honda recommended oil. That appears to be about the only issue that comes up regularly.

guest1372

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 05:35:29 PM »
The sat nav version of your car is pretty rare so not many 2nd hand units crop up at a decent price.  The fascia can be swapped for a generic double_din unit although you do need one to accommodate the passenger airbag indicator which is just transferred over.  If you check eBay / Amazon / Aliexpress you will find many units like this:

--
TG

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 08:10:40 PM »
Hello and welcome.

A 2011 Jazz maybe subject to the Tataka airbag recall, visit here to find out: http://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/recalls-and-updates.html

Tags:

anything