Author Topic: A nice new Jazz.  (Read 5734 times)

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
Re: A nice new Jazz.
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2017, 05:19:25 PM »
Nissan Leaf prices bear almost no relation to the headline price. The whole structure is skewed by government subsidies so £30,000 is more like £25,000 and then dealers chip in all sorts of other sweeteners.

But, yes, the depreciation is really steep and that is probably why a significant proportion are bought on PCP type deals. I have a feeling Nissan are doing their best to support the used price because I got a quote from Car Wow for a new car and it was less than Nissan were charging for nearly new cars. They are also pushing PCPs on used cars as well.

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2017, 05:39:59 PM »
You have to watch with the prices of used Leafs. Some only have the battery on lease, so the car looks cheap but you have to pay more than what I pay for petrol every month, for your battery lease. Then there's electricity on top of that.

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2017, 06:25:02 PM »
Took the Jazz back (Auchtertool road again). I liked the Economy lighting on the speedometer, the "real" switches for heating, ventilation and Air Con, the automatic speed limit display (didn't try any of the functions). Found the gear change indicator a bit optimistic, telling me to change up at inappropriate times. Didn't like the position of the head rests (too far forward) but I would imagine I could adjust them if I was reading the manual.
Found the car extremely flexible, pulling smoothly from 30 mph in 6th gear. Also easy to block change, both going up and coming down. Ride was way superior to that of my GD with steering much more positive.
Would I have one? Definitely.
Would I rather have the CR-V they gave me last time. Don't think so, though the CR-V had a lot of nice toys.
And the DAB radio was excellent, at least here it was.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2017, 06:31:26 PM »
Don't forget the tardis in the back. The headrests are adjustable back and forward, there is a button on their sides.

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2017, 09:39:29 PM »
Coming back to the 1500cc engine I hope they don't "strangle" the CVT version in D mode, if they do what's the point?

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2017, 10:27:06 PM »
You have to watch with the prices of used Leafs. Some only have the battery on lease, so the car looks cheap but you have to pay more than what I pay for petrol every month, for your battery lease. Then there's electricity on top of that.

Yes - really annoying that they rarely mention this on the used car bit of their website. £70 a month? You are having a laugh!

guest5079

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2017, 02:17:14 PM »
I did a bit on our Hairdressers Renault Zoe.  There I commented on the battery. As Peteo states having to HIRE the batteries is not cheap and our hairdresser stated that she was paying £70 a month so it seems to be a standard charge ( sorry no pun intended) perhaps some company has the monopoly on electric car battery rental.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2017, 03:46:43 PM »
our hairdresser stated that she was paying £70 a month so it seems to be a standard charge ( sorry no pun intended)

I would never trust a battery supplied 'free of charge' (pun intended)
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2017, 05:27:21 PM »
One of the big Nissan dealers round these parts is Chorley Motor Group with several branches over the North West. I guess to shift old stock they are buying out the battery leases before sale.

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2017, 07:01:10 PM »
You pay the same for a 2011 model with the battery owned as you do a 2014 with the battery leased.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2017, 07:32:45 PM »
Replacing the battery at your own expense is a big deal,  battery may cost more than a 2011 Leaf is worth, so people will continue to lease battery.

EV batteries deteriorate if not kept charged and used regularly, so same problems as low annual mileage ICE cars really, may not be the bargain you think.  Judging EV by higher mileage examples like those being used as taxis ,  when batteries are charged regularly , is not really helpful, after all there are plenty of mega mile ICE vehicles around.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 07:51:03 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2017, 07:54:24 PM »
Batteries are lasting far longer than was first reckoned. And now you can insure against battery replacement, a sort of warranty insurance, for a fraction of what it costs to lease one. Okay, it costs you £5K more on the purchase price, so at £70 a month it takes 6 years to break even, but most people buy their new car on finance so the difference is not felt the same.

Pumpkin

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: None yet
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2017, 04:49:11 PM »
I borrowed one for a few hours and thought it was a big improvement over the MK2 in terms of driving feel - nicely weighted steering, quieter and better damped.

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2017, 05:17:56 PM »
It was a mile better than my GD. I know my Jazz is 11 years old, with almost 100,000 more miles on the clock, but the difference was in the engineering, not the age. It was just so much more "sorted", which, after three iterations of the breed, is not surprising.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2017, 08:17:48 PM »
I doubt if many here will know the Auchtertool road (B925) but it's steep undulations and sharp narrow bends make it a good test route. I put the demonstrator Jazz along it before I bought mine. You just need to watch out for the bus coming in the opposite direction! :-0
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 09:43:45 PM by Deeps »

Tags:

anything