Author Topic: Engine start but dying after a moment (only in idle state)  (Read 1430 times)

guest7064

Engine start but dying after a moment (only in idle state)
« on: August 10, 2017, 07:09:20 PM »
Hi all,

I have 03 Jazz, 1.4 CVT (automatic).
two days ago the car died ;)
When i turn-on the car everything sound fine but one second after if no gas pedal is pressed the car shuts-down.
I was opening, taking out and cleaning the air system, throttle house and the manifold inlet but the issue reproduced. i even raised the rpm (via the gas cable host in the throttle-housing: should effect only in idle state) but the issue is still reproduced :(
After i had plugged all i noticed that when i taking-out the EVAP's (see attached picture) tube that enter to the manifold the car start and continue to work without any problem (the rpm was little higher than 1000 [rpm] but maybe it because i increased the idle rpm). i was driving for few minutes in this state.
I haven't seen any 'engine-check' light in dashboard. maybe tomorrow night i'll drive to friend with computer diagnostic tool (connect to ecm..) and vacuum pressure also to check all fuel system pressure.

Is anyone familiar with this issue? any suggests? maybe tips?

Thank you very much!! and have a nice weekend all,
Guy

[attachment deleted by admin]

JohnAlways

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.2i-VTEC S (AC) 2013
Re: Engine start but dying after a moment (only in idle state)
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2017, 01:02:04 PM »
I've no idear as to your specific problem but some of the hoses/pipes look as though they may well chaff holes in them where they have rubbed. Maybe that would upset the controls drawing air from where it shouldn't.

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2017, 01:28:39 PM »
There is one pipe at the back that looks as though it is not attached to anything, have a look at that.

Vic.

JohnAlways

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.2i-VTEC S (AC) 2013
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2017, 02:25:34 PM »
Hi Vic do you mean the rubber one with the clip? I thought that was done to explain what was being shown :)

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2017, 02:41:13 PM »
Yes, I see what you mean John.

Vic.

Tags:

anything