Author Topic: superlock  (Read 1655 times)

coffeecup

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.4 i vtec i-shift
superlock
« on: August 08, 2017, 01:57:37 PM »
Hi
How would I know if my 2010 1.4 jazz has superlock ?

mike

guest5079

Re: superlock
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 02:17:58 PM »
As your car is an I shift and 2010 it presumably is either an ES or EX I would suggest it has superlock fitted. On the passenger door window ( I can't remember if it's on the drivers door as well) is a little picture in the bottom right hand corner which I believe indicates superlock, as it shows a padlock.
If you want to try it just lock your car with the blipper and then again immediately and the flashers will flash the sequence a second time. Has to be done within 5 secs.
As mine is a 2010 EX I shift and the specs say the ES is also fitted with I shift I  am assuming they are the same when it comes to the specification.

coffeecup

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 02:26:51 PM »
Hi neddy

Thanks for the quick reply, wife's gone out in car so will look later, yes it is a ES I-shift, and it does blip within that 5 seconds, but i thought i might have seen something down side of open door (bolt or something)

I love the I-shift on flappy paddles, hate it in Auto, wife will not use the bloody paddles though (frustrating)

Just been for a test drive in a 2015 I ltr Ecoboost Fiesta, no tax,3 cylinder turbo, after reading a lot of good reviews !!!
Like my 2010 i-shift better.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2017, 03:26:24 PM »
Hi
How would I know if my 2010 1.4 jazz has superlock ?

mike

Sit in the car and superlock the doors with one blip on keyfob and then another blip within five seconds,  now try to open door from inside car using the little plastic latch with red on it and the normal door open lever - if you can't open door from inside car without using button on the keyfob the car is superlocked.  If your car has an interior movement sensing alarm it may go off lol.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

coffeecup

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2017, 04:04:41 PM »
Thanks all, I do have superlock, but no alarm.

mike

Tags:

anything