Author Topic: Audio code number fail after battery replacement  (Read 8152 times)

riffler

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 EX 5door hatch
Audio code number fail after battery replacement
« on: April 16, 2017, 10:46:14 AM »
Have had a new battery fitted last week.
I have the cars 5fig code number to restart the radio but, no matter how I input them, I can't get the car to accept the code.

I am following the handbook steps.
I have waited for reset after 10 attempts.

No joy.

Any suggestions?

stiggysawdust

• Approved Member
  • 2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX Midnight Moonb
    • Radio control model car racing
  • My Honda: 2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX
Re: Audio code number fail after battery replacement
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2017, 01:25:01 PM »
I have an HRV which asks for a code but it is not needed. You have to press and hold the radio power button for 2 seconds with engine running. It's possible that this may work for the Jazz also. Worth a try.
The instructions I was given didn't say to have the engine running but it only worked for me with it running.
Hope this works for you.
2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX Midnight Moonbeam Blue Metallic

guest1372

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2017, 04:10:36 PM »
If you PM me your radio serial number I can send you the unlock code the radio requires.  They are generated by algorithm so I might send two codes, but it will be one of them.  The serial number needed to generate the unlock code is 8 digits, either one long line or as U+4digits & L+4digits.  It can be shown on the display by holding down both preset 1 & 6 then turning the radio power on.  If the code I generate is the same as the one you have been trying then maybe the code entry method needs checking.
--
TG

ianhj

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2010 1.4 Si
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2017, 04:20:25 PM »
I've checked in my vehicle wallet and the card with the code on suggests you might need to enter it twice.

I've attached a photo. My Jazz is a 2010 model.

Good luck, hope you get something sorted.

[attachment deleted by admin]

guest6489

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2017, 07:25:20 PM »
Why are the radios even coded? It's not like they can be stolen. It sound ore like a way of extracting money off customers.

I had a heated debated with someone from Honda on this subject and didn't receive at satisfactory answer.

riffler

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2017, 10:03:45 AM »
OK, I have tried the "hold the power button for 2 secs engine running" ploy and no joy.

I have tried entering the code no. twice immediately and this is a no go, too. As soon as I enter the 5fig code my handbook holds i get "code error 1", or 3, 3 etc. I cannot input more than 5 figures at a time, as soon as I get to 5 figs entered I get the code error message.

TG, you have PM.
Interestingly, the radio serial no. generated by the method you give bears no relation to the one i think it is in my handbook (an 8 fig no preceded by BKT)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2017, 11:01:20 AM »
Perhaps the radio was replaced at some time!

riffler

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2017, 11:17:28 AM »
Maybe, don't think so though.
6k on the clock when I bought it from Honda dealer.

guest1372

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2017, 12:32:23 PM »
I've PM'd the two codes generated from serial#; one is a 5 digit, but one has come back as 4 digits - never seen that before.  Thought it might have a leading zero not displayed on my screen, but how would someone enter a zero?

If the car was originally sold on day 1 of a registration plate period then maybe the handbooks and codes got jumbled up with another vehicle on someone's desk.
--
TG

riffler

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2017, 01:03:52 PM »
Many thanks TG, one of your suggested nos. has worked. ;D

(I'd have struggled to find a zero character for the 4 fig no. though)

The dealer replaced 3 gearbox bearings for me last year and the battery would have been removed for this, maybe the dealer has altered the original code?

Thanks all for your replies

riffler

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2017, 01:10:57 PM »
Whilst I still have a soft spot for the Jazz, even the battery replacement wasn't straight forward.
I decided to get a Halfords Autocentre to fit it for me.
They tried 2 different models, neither of which would fit as both had a small lip/flange at the base and would not fit into the battery boot.
In the end they cut the flange off to make it fit.

guest4871

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2017, 07:04:02 PM »
What model and year is the car?

davegreen55

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 EX 2010
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2017, 07:30:48 PM »
Whilst I still have a soft spot for the Jazz, even the battery replacement wasn't straight forward.
They tried 2 different models, neither of which would fit as both had a small lip/flange at the base and would not fit into the battery boot.
Halfords have sold you the wrong battery - it should be a type 054. It sounds like they have fitted a type 054H which is the same battery but with hold-down lugs. I would make sure that they didn't crack the casing when they cut off the lugs, as leaking battery acid can cause a lot of damage besides being a safety risk.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2017, 09:36:34 PM »
Halfords have sold you the wrong battery - it should be a type 054. It sounds like they have fitted a type 054H which is the same battery but with hold-down lugs. I would make sure that they didn't crack the casing when they cut off the lugs, as leaking battery acid can cause a lot of damage besides being a safety risk.

Agree, sounds like wrong battery - they may have 'dumped' an 054H on you as they may have had one they wanted to get rid of LOL - I have changed a few Jazz batterys and never had to modify them at all.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 09:41:29 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

riffler

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2017, 07:24:04 AM »
Its a 1.4 vtec ex  2012.
Halfords called Europarts twice with my car details.
A lion battery first, then an Exide.
Both had the lugs on.

Tags: