Author Topic: road spray fitment  (Read 14158 times)

guest5079

road spray fitment
« on: April 12, 2017, 12:05:05 PM »
Difficult to describe but:
Yesterday, my Wife was looking at the rear wheel arch of an HRV 16 plate and thought it had 'felt' under the rear arch. I was unable to see what she meant but under 'a strong light interrogation' she thought it might be as fitted
to some lorries as an anti spray device. It had sort of dimples, her words.
Is the HRV fitted with such a rear arch embelishment? to stop spray.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
Re: road spray fitment
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 01:58:54 PM »
I've looked at my HR-V and there are wheel arch liners (front and back) which might be bitumen-impregnated felt or something similar. The material contains some corrugations which, I suspect, are to improve rigidity. I doubt if spray reduction is one of the objectives.

Also, I've noticed that the most effective spray reduction measure for lorries is to provide covers on the outside of the wheels which stops the spray spreading out sideways 2 to 3 ft off the ground as this is the zone which messes up the car drivers' view.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

guest5079

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2017, 02:07:00 PM »
Thank you. It just goes to show we should NOT ignore our betters descriptions. My Wife's suggestion that it looked like felt met with derision so I will go cap in hand and beg forgiveness.
Seriously, in the many years we have been married, I have been amazed at some of the descriptions she has come up with but if I listen ( hard for blokes to do) and think, she is often quite correct. Just Women have different terminology.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2017, 08:02:03 AM »
Here's a photo.

[attachment deleted by admin]
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

guest5079

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2017, 02:37:07 PM »