Author Topic: A reminder about your clock  (Read 10640 times)

guest7335

Re: A reminder about your clock
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2018, 08:36:28 PM »
I've been experiencing issues with the Navigation system, which seem somehow related to the DST settings.
It would sometimes happen that, for no apparent reason, regardless of the settings and time of year (i.e. whether we're in DST on not), the expected time of arrival shown by the Navigation system would be one hour later than expected.
After fiddling with it (like taking a detour so that a new route must be computed), or after a certain time, it normally fixes itself.
Anyone ever experienced something like that?
Thanks!

andruec

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
Re: A reminder about your clock
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2018, 09:39:06 PM »
How are you changing to/from DST? If you are doing it just by setting the clock forward/back that is the wrong way to do it and might be the cause of the problem. There is a specific setting in the infotainment unit to enable/disable daylight savings. Possibly the navigation software knows where it is and is unhappy about your choice of clock settings. Assuming you are based in the UK your infotainment unit should have the following settings:

Time : <Whatever your watch says when you check>
Time zone: GMT/WET
Daylight Savings: Disabled.

During the period when BST is in effect just enable the Daylight Savings do not change the time.

Tags:

anything