Author Topic: Fitting DRL to jazz  (Read 19936 times)

guest1372

Re: Fitting DRL to jazz
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2017, 06:42:35 PM »
With all these things, the more you remove the easier it is to reach things.  Wheel arch liners are easier to take off with the wheel off, but can be half loosened with the wheel on full lock.  There are a couple of screws but mostly it is push in fittings - these have a centre pin that expands the tabs on the back, if you lever out the centre with a fine tipped screwdriver by about 6 or 7mm the fitting should then pull out with your fingers.  They are different sizes in different locations so you need to lay them out in order somehow.

Good luck.
--
TG

guest1372

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2017, 06:44:14 PM »
In my first photo above, is the grey plug the IG1 you were talking about. It's here again to save you looking
Sorry I'm not sure without looking at a car. 

Anyone else?
--
TG

d2d4j

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz SI 5 Dr
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2017, 07:48:31 PM »
Hi TG

Many thanks, much appreciated

I hope I may be able to get at them with half loose cover, hopefully

I will have another go tommorow or thurs hopefully

I am still waiting for the controller to arrive, but just thought I would install these ready

Hopefully some one may post over if I have located the correct plug, and if not, point me in the right direction (a pic would be lovely)

Once again, many thanks for you invaluable help and advice

John

guest6425

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2017, 09:36:21 PM »
Hrmm no good to me, I have a facelift mk 2 my front bumper is completely different.

3reggy

• Approved Member
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2017, 10:03:09 PM »
Thank you for all this information as you say with out being there and seeing it  is hard to picture. Brilliant so far please don't be put off I am looking forward to the finished product.
Thank you for the link  :)
John

d2d4j

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2017, 01:13:16 PM »
Hi

Many thanks once again to TG. Spot on for 2 part install and to have to partially remove the wheel arch liner.

Wheel arch liner needs the bottom plug, 2 bottom screws, travel around arch and remove 2 plugs, and the last plug is about 6 inches in towards the front. Gently bring apart from valance, and enough access to get behind bumper valance. Do not put too much pressure on the liner.

DRL fitting

Remove from trim, undue both screws with brackets fully. There are 4 position holes to use, grind the bottom hole flat to the heat sink, and use the 2 hole up from bottom

Remove the curved portion of trim which houses the DRL - do not remove the sides, just the portion that stops the DRL from falling through the trim.

Position DRL in place, get longer screws and hand tighten the screws behind. Test the lights. If working for the trim, which positions the DRL correctly. Fully tighten the screws behind the bumper valance to DRL

Fully ensure trim is secure and test light

Fit wheel arch liner back correctly

Job done - phew....

On mine, I do not have a grinder to flatten the bottom hole, and I had fit both before I realised which the bottom of the DRL was sticking out a few mm's, so I think I'll leave it for now

Just waiting for the controller to arrive, so can fully complete this

@TGO - it's. not the bumper I need help with, but the wiring for the controller

If you look at my picture above, the grey plug plugs into something which the black cable to right goes to the sidelight/headlight motor I believe

Any help with a pic would be appreciated from anyone who could help

Many thanks

John

d2d4j

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2017, 09:32:13 AM »
Hi

Sorry I thought last night, the advice on grinding the bottom screw position of the heat sink flat maybe wrong and not the reason for the led not lying flat

I think maybe the small bottom screw position maybe to help with heat dissipation

The black plug holding the bottom valance to the bumper maybe the reason for the led not lying flat

Please make your own judgement over this

Many thanks

John

guest1372

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2017, 11:14:46 AM »
Maybe one thing to consider is what angle they end up pointing, I guess you want the maximum beam intensity fairly parallel with the road and straight ahead, your bulbs look like they have a pretty good beam and direction right now.  I sometimes see them fitted to curved surfaces pointing out way to the sides.
--
TG

3reggy

• Approved Member
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2017, 06:42:55 PM »
Hi Did you get them all fitted and with the controller ?
any more pictures?

d2d4j

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2017, 10:51:08 PM »
Hi 3reggy

Sorry, I thought I had sorry

I'll upload some finished pictures I took and the controller I bought, did not dim the DRL on indicator, instead they flashed the DRL with the indicator so I cut the indicator wire as it is illegal in uk (note I watched a police program which showed a skoda activa flashing the DRL with the indicator)

It will be tommorow though and I think they look they look good, and still are working lovely

Many thanks

John

d2d4j

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
Fitting DRL to jazz
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2017, 11:21:50 AM »
Hi 3reggy

Please see 3 pictures of my DRL (no lights, sidelights and all lights)

I think they look good and I have not seen them fitted to another jazz si

If you fit them and need any help, please let me know

Many thanks

John

« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 11:23:22 AM by d2d4j »

3reggy

• Approved Member
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2017, 08:38:50 PM »
Thank you they look great on the SI, will start saving to get myself a set and get them fitted
Cheers again
John

matty vapor

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Si
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2017, 04:01:44 PM »
Fitted the same DRL lights as d2d4j today, same cars same colour ;D

Installation was quite easy, remove wheels, remove inner wheel arch to allow access to remove the standard plastic fake grills. I didn't have to shave any plastic parts from lights or bumper to fit them nice and flush in position. I am not sure why d2j4j had to do that to get a flush fit.

I fitted the plastics with the LED lights in the plastic holders all in one part. then put the plastic holding parts behind bumper to hold lights in position. you do need longer screws than provided to reach the threads in the heatsink of the LED lights as the ones supplied are to short. once fitted they were flush and fit very nicely.

I took the power feed from the headlight levelling motor supply as suggested by TG earlier in the thread.  which is fed to the INLUSTRO DRLM to control dimming when lights are switched on. very pleased with the install and operation of the DRL lights.

d2d4j

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2017, 10:03:10 AM »
Hi Matty vapour

Looks lovely

The reason why I had to cut the plastic on the back of the DRL (I did not cut the bumper), was because the plastic clips top and bottom of the DRL would not correctly clip into the bumper. By removing the little wrap around plastic allowed it to clip into bumper as it should.

Many thanks

John

matty vapor

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Si
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2017, 11:12:02 AM »
hi john

I think they may have modified the plastic clips john, on mine it just clipped into place. I didn't have to trim LED holders or the bumper, I was expecting too after your explanation and what you did with yours. I can only think they must have modified the clips on some batches.

And yes I do like the look of them, after seeing yours on your car and how good it looked, I just had to purchase them. they look like factory fitment and suit the car very well. plus I like the idea of day light running lights and being seen clearly in day light. you can understand why they are fitted to all new cars now.

well at least we know of 2 white Si's with DRL lights fitted, we might start a trend here :D

Tags: