Author Topic: Radio Code grrrrr  (Read 37941 times)

guest1372

Re: Radio Code grrrrr
« Reply #90 on: March 02, 2018, 08:20:09 PM »
Try 56442
--
TG

guest7527

• Topic Starter
« Reply #91 on: March 04, 2018, 10:19:55 AM »
It worked.

Very kind - thank you!

Robert

guest7544

• Topic Starter
« Reply #92 on: March 08, 2018, 10:26:31 PM »
Hi there. Hope someone can help? We’re away from home and have had to restart after the battery went flat... I have the S/N of 28012325. There’s no sign of the sticker in glove compartment that other you tube videos have suggested... :-(

Can anyone let me know what the magic 5 digit code is? Thanks!

guest1372

• Topic Starter
« Reply #93 on: March 09, 2018, 11:16:32 AM »
Post you VIN number as well, you'll find it at the base of the windscreen or on the plate on the front crossbeam.  Many examples shown above.
i.e. SHHGG6......  or JHMGP1..... etc.

The radio code is not directly tied to the VIN number, but the program asks for it as the first step in order to figure out which model it is dealing with. 
--
TG

guest7551

• Topic Starter
« Reply #94 on: March 11, 2018, 12:13:41 PM »
hi
please help me
i have changed the battery and my radio doesn.t work

sn 25006112
SHHGG5730AU000386

thank you very much

guest7527

• Topic Starter
« Reply #95 on: March 12, 2018, 06:45:54 AM »
Try 56442
--
TG

Hi again

Sorry but this did not work permanently. The radio only came on for 5 mins and then cuts out.
When i enter the 4th digit the radio beeps and displays 'Enter Code' again
Am i doing something wrong?

Thanks
Robert

guest7556

• Topic Starter
« Reply #96 on: March 18, 2018, 04:29:37 PM »
Hi I am desperately hoping you will be able to help with my lost radio code? I had to disconnect the battery to recharge it and now am unable to use the radio.

My s/n is 21000346 and the vin is
JHMGP1830CS200529

Honda jazz hybrid

I'd really appreciate some help. Thank you

guest7598

• Topic Starter
« Reply #97 on: March 29, 2018, 06:53:00 PM »
Hi
Similar issue with dealer..
|Battery issue but the card only has two numbers visible as its slightly worn.
Error code E pops up on the radio
|VIN JHMGG17309S207451   radio SN JMT 26011500
Any help would be appreciated
kind regards
Veembeeone 

guest7556

• Topic Starter
« Reply #98 on: March 29, 2018, 06:58:38 PM »
I went to online radio codes in the end. Had to pay but now have the code and my radio works.

JohnAlways

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.2i-VTEC S (AC) 2013
« Reply #99 on: March 30, 2018, 10:12:44 AM »
TG is getting a lot of traffic. I'm changing the battery on my sons 2010 Jazz this coming week, is there a way to get the needed code before the battery is disconnected? I don't know yet if he has a radio code card or not yet. Anyone have any experience with the radio code savers (little battery device that plugs into auxiliary socket) as an example? Hate to cock it up and and don't want to create work for anyone. Regards John

guest7556

• Topic Starter
« Reply #100 on: March 30, 2018, 10:45:46 AM »
I've no experience of those so can't help there. I'm not sure there's a free way of getting the code so paid online for mine. Worked fine. Good luck. 👍

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #101 on: March 30, 2018, 11:26:44 AM »
TG is getting a lot of traffic. I'm changing the battery on my sons 2010 Jazz this coming week, is there a way to get the needed code before the battery is disconnected? I don't know yet if he has a radio code card or not yet. Anyone have any experience with the radio code savers (little battery device that plugs into auxiliary socket) as an example? Hate to cock it up and and don't want to create work for anyone. Regards John

http://www.halfords.com/workshop-tools/tools/sockets-accessories/draper-22277-12v-socket-memory-saver

These are useful, this one 2.5 metes so need to have another battery or vehicle close.   I made one up with a couple of rewireable power socket (cigarette lighter) plugs and a 20 metre roll of cheap twin core speaker cable -  i have used it a couple of times in  as many years and loaned it to family and neigbours but priceless really  - probably cost the same as the one in link but a lot longer. Just make sure the ignition switch is in 'aux' position  to connect power socket to main electrics before you remove battery from car.

There are other things on car like electric windows that can lose their 'auto' settings,  and maybe radio station presets as well as the security code (if it needs one) and also ECU 'learned parameters' - so worthwhile keeping power on system.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 11:34:43 AM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

JohnAlways

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.2i-VTEC S (AC) 2013
« Reply #102 on: March 30, 2018, 03:27:34 PM »
Cheers Culzean, I have actually got one made up for a different project (boiling a kettle on journey to South of France) with both Male and Female ends. I'll dig it out and check it over. I thought it might work but nothing lost by asking. Cheers again :)

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #103 on: March 30, 2018, 03:46:44 PM »
Cheers Culzean, I have actually got one made up for a different project (boiling a kettle on journey to South of France) with both Male and Female ends. I'll dig it out and check it over. I thought it might work but nothing lost by asking. Cheers again :)

If you are going to go from car-to-car you need two male ends (the centre pin is positive) and need ignition switch in 'aux' position in both cars - I just turned the radio on in both cars to make sure it was working and power would be getting to the cigarette lighter 'power' socket OK before plugging in both ends of lead and disconnecting the battery I was going to replace.

Some cars have power on the socket all the time, but Honda do not (which can be a good thing to make sure battery does not get flattened).

Halfords also sell plugs that are pre-wired - one reviewer said the twin core tail is not marked as pos or neg - so will need to check that out with a multimeter,  the consequences of getting polarity wrong would be spectacular - I just double checked with ohmeter  that centre pin was connected to centre pin, and outer to outer, which is all that matters  ( the advantage of using speaker cable is that one core has a stripe on it, to make sure polarity is correct otherwise one speaker cone can be going forward while other is going backwards and they cancel each other out and ruin the sound)

http://www.halfords.com/workshop-tools/garage-equipment/fuses-electricals-fixings/halfords-fused-cigarette-lighter-plug-5-amp?_br_psugg_q=cigarette+lighter+plug
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 03:52:29 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest7605

• Topic Starter
« Reply #104 on: April 02, 2018, 05:14:37 PM »
Hello TG

Can you please assist me with a radio code.
Vin: SHHGG6880FU010429
Radio code: 28078280
I just bought the car second hand and the radio card is missing. Battery was flat so my radio does not work.
Thank you
Paul

Tags: