Author Topic: Keyless Entry  (Read 4378 times)

Bowen

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
Keyless Entry
« on: May 01, 2017, 05:37:36 PM »
I have a one month old EX model with keyless entry. Yesterday I stopped in the RSPB South Stack lighthous car park  in Anglesey and was unable to lock the car. I tried the usual method of pressing the button on the car door which failed with a buzz alert, retreating and then  using the key fob, same result, and finally using the key. Again same result.
After "guarding " the car whilst my wife went for a walk we moved on and I have had no further problems. Any comments.
I have also had a problem with flat tyre monitor giving a false result

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
Re: Keyless Entry
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 05:44:10 PM »
I had the same problem with my ex.
It turned out that the wife had left her handbag in the car with her key in the bag.
It turns out that you CANNOT lock the car while a key is inside.
Good idea I think.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

mikebore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 1.3 Mk 3 SE CVT
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2017, 05:58:23 PM »

I have also had a problem with flat tyre monitor giving a false result

Some threads about this...

http://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=8260.msg41200;topicseen#msg41200

http://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=8667.msg44988#msg44988

PS if you want to say more about tyre pressure warnings I suggest you reply to one of the above links or start a new thread, or we will have a discussion about tyre pressures under "Keyless entry"  ;)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 06:01:11 PM by mikebore »

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2017, 08:10:49 PM »
Could you have been near a source of radio interference? My remote garage door opener occasionally does not work, I suspect a neighbour's electrically noisy vacuum cleaner / hair dryer / food mixer or similar gadget.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 08:15:07 PM by Deeps »

jazzaro

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: GK3 Jazz 1.3 6m Elegance Navi grey.
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2017, 08:15:06 PM »
Yes, radio niose  can stop communications between the car and the remote.
Other cause can be the second remote inside the car (as said) or the remote too far from the car when you press the close button on the handle: you need to keep the remote near the car both opening than  closing your Jazz.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2017, 09:53:20 PM »
I have a mate who could not lock his car with remote and he called the AA. The AA bloke said it was because he was too near a mobile phone mast and they had received call-outs from that car park before for same reason.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2017, 08:55:29 AM »
I don't have keyless (just the usual press-the-button-on-the-fob), but I have experienced a reluctance to lock. After some head-scratching we discovered that the tailgate looked closed but wasn't properly latched, and that seems to inhibit the locking mechanism. Once the tailgate was closed firmly normal service was resumed.

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2017, 11:14:16 AM »
The only problems I've had have been several near heart attacks arriving home from golf.

I've parked the car in the garage, walked to the front door and reached for door keys only to realise I don't have them. Cue visions of keys lost on a golf course somewhere :o

Then I realise that I must have just left my keys in my golf bag in the boot :D

It'd be nice if the response was more 'general proximity' based. When I'm getting into the car at work I have to walk past the rear doors to the front ones. Stick my hand through the front handle. Wait half a second. Then walk back to open the rear door and put my stuff on the back seat. Then walk forward again and get in. It'd be much 'smoother' if the car just unlocked as I got within a metre of it.

Paulwhitt20

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Various
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2017, 12:18:43 PM »
Reverse into your parking space. Then you walk past the front door first. Open it then put your stuff in the back. 

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2017, 12:32:05 PM »
Why don't you open the boot.
There is a hidden button above the number plate, press that and all doors unlock.

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2017, 01:59:10 PM »
Reverse into your parking space. Then you walk past the front door first. Open it then put your stuff in the back.
I do reverse in. I could go in forwards I suppose but then I'd be walking past the left side (unless I parked further away).

I know about the boot but I have more important things in there. My golf bag, trolley, shoes and balls. There's no room for unimportant things like work equipment ;)

Paulwhitt20

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Various
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2017, 06:02:53 PM »
Ah, then you already know how to park properly. Reverse into a closed space and drive out into an open space. Easier and safer.

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2017, 07:36:13 AM »
I had the same problem with my ex.
It turned out that the wife had left her handbag in the car with her key in the bag.
It turns out that you CANNOT lock the car while a key is inside.
Good idea I think.

Exactly the same happened to me.

Tags: